• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Top 50 Burgers in Texas

Tried a new burger place, B&B Burgers in Springtown (on the square), might be my new favorite place. Very good and not overly crowded

Sometimes it's just hard to beat.
I have a friend in BB and the closest is Midland. Drives her nuts being so far away.

Whataburger would be my go to chain burger restaurant. It started in Corpus didn't it?

Haven't had the chance to find a burger joint in Chicago, mainly because there are too many restaurants. I'm sure there is a good one though. We ate that the Five Guys on Clark and Fullerton once and that was my only and last trip to a Five Guys.

Plug for Wild Kitchen on Stella Link in Houston. It's a hole-in-the-wall Fish and Chips joint that sells a pretty good burger as well.

Yes Whataburger is a religion in Texas and Corpus is Mecca. We have 23 locations in Corpus Christi. Only bad thing is the corporate HQ had to move to San Antonio due to the company getting too big for Corpus. It may not be as good as the Texas Monthly listed places, but I have issues paying $12 for a **** hamburger. Whataburger Jr. meal is $4.54 after tax. Enough to fill me up for lunch without giving me a food coma for the rest of the day.

As Meriden says, for chain restaurant, it is the one I default to. I can't remember the last time I stepped foot into a Wendy's, McD, Burger King.

Last time I was in Fort Worth, I tried Rodeo Goat. That was a very tasty $10 burger. I was on vacation so I didn't mind splurging. :)

Last edited:
Rodeo Goat is really good, if you want a $10 hamburger and a beer. But Whataburger is my go to.

Years ago when working in Corpus, I was looking for a customer site and when I turned a corner, there was a building with "Whataburger University" all over the side of it.

Huts in Austin is still #1 in my book, followed closely by Dan's

Wow have not been to Huts in forever. Do like Dans eat a burger there almost everytime. And they do have good onion rings also. Enjoyed Alamo Springs also but like the sides more than the burgers.

Cannot believe Storms Drive In is not on the list. Billys in Burnet,Texas we did a meet and greet there this year in June. They have good burgers,fries and onion rings. Also Freds in Ft.Worth is also good,wife had a burger there last year and enjoyed it. I do agree for a chain restuarant What-a-burger is number one in my book.

Last edited:
Yep, Whataburger is the best when you do fast food. We Tried Fred's in FtW a couple weeks ago and I wasn't too impressed. Same with Kincaid's. Tommy's is better than both but pricey for what you get.

Red Robin is decent and close to us.

Rodeo Goat tops my list; excellent grub & hard-to-beat draft beer selections at excellent prices. I can vouch for the LUST burger at Bearded Lady. Typing this makes me regret my decision to become vegetarian last New Year. My mouth is watering right now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow have not been to Huts in forever. Do like Dans eat a burger there almost everytime. And they do have good onion rings also.

Cannot believe Storms Drive In is not on the list. Billys in Burnet,Texas we did a meet and greet there this year in June. They have good burgers,fries and onion rings. Also Freds in Ft.Worth is also good,wife had a burger there last year and enjoyed it. I do agree for a chain restuarant What-a-burger is number one in my book.

Kids and I ate at Storms last Sunday after a day of boating.....and I'll never go back. So-so burgers and bad service. The milkshakes, when we finally got them.....were good.

Kids and I ate at Storms last Sunday after a day of boating.....and I'll never go back. So-so burgers and bad service. The milkshakes, when we finally got them.....were good.

Humm...that interesting. I ate there last night. Their burgers are like Billys in Burnet that made the list. Sad to hear you did not have a good visit. That place does get very busy most evenings but there is no excuse for bad service.

Which Storms did you go to GG? There are three that I know of.

Last edited:
Service has always been my complaint with Murphy's in Winchester. They are either busy and the waitresses and working at a dead run or the place is dead and they are all in the waitress station chatting... and chatting and chatting. Last time I was in there, we wanted to pull two table together and they said that it was against their policy. GRR GRR

It's good to give a restaurant the benefit of the doubt, but there are too many good burgers to suffer through continual bad service.

m

Last time I was in Fort Worth, I tried Rodeo Goat. That was a very tasty $10 burger. I was on vacation so I didn't mind splurging. :)

Have you tried Big Kahuna Burger????

I hear they ALSO have a very tasty burger

When we lived in Bertram, we used to love going to storms. No complaints on my end.

I bypass In-N-Out every single time since I was so disappointed my first time there.

I mean, whattaburger DOES make a **** good burger. Fast food or not.

There's a place in tyler called Jucys. Their burgers are totally friggin awesome too. Good beans while you wait. Seems to be a trend with burger places in East texas.

I mean, whattaburger DOES make a **** good burger. Fast food or not.

There's a place in tyler called Jucys. Their burgers are totally friggin awesome too. Good beans while you wait. Seems to be a trend with burger places in East texas.

I had lunch at Jucy's back in June. It was good. I also had a good burger at some place I can't remember....Tweakers or some such.

Last edited:
Back