• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Great Riding area in Arkansas

Reaction score
Katy......................... Cell# 832-72
Mill Creek, Arkansas..........
I'm putting together a great ride, up to the Arkansas, Mill Creek area.....I've got 3 maybe 4, KTM 690Rs, a KTM 530 and one well set up KLR 650, set to go......
My friends and I are heading out on Fri Nov-14 thru 17th...trailering up, hotel sleeping, restaurant eating.......
This "Call-Out" is not just limited to the great n mighty WEST/CENTRAL HOUSTON DUAL-SPORTer's.......But seriously, any dirt riders on this forum that want to get in some great trail riding before it gets too cold, are more than welcome...(No Ninjas with knobbies)
Below is some info on where we are planning on riding.....:flip:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eiGmeaQPJQ"]Mill Creek ATV Trail Video and Google Earth View of Hillclimb - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0FneF8MU8U"]WFO Trailriders Blue Run Mill Creek AR. Friday 17 Minutes - YouTube[/ame]

Any connecting pavement riding worthy of mention or consider this all off road?

_

Nice ATV trails and just close enough to the Oark Cafe for Reagan's blueberry pie afterward. :eat:

Staying where?
Staying in Clarksville or Alma Arkansas....same towns Richard and his group stayed at last month for their "Wet" rally.....
Any connecting pavement riding worthy of mention or consider this all off road?

_
"pavement riding worthy of mention"....in Arkansas, Yea..I'd say there are a few good roads in Arkansas......But as to this being a "Dual-Sporting" event, nope.....We plan to explore where the Bears do their business in the woods.....

"pavement riding worthy of mention"....in Arkansas, Yea..I'd say there are a few good roads in Arkansas......But as to this being a "Dual-Sporting" event, nope.....We plan to explore where the Bears do their business in the woods.....

Good this is what I was hoping. If I can swing the dates would plan on bringing the smoker. It can do some pavement but not much fun. I know sometimes riding from the hotel to trails is required just didn't want any more than that.

_

Staying in Clarksville or Alma Arkansas....same towns Richard and his group stayed at last month for their "Wet" rally.....

Keep us posted, sounds perfect for my plated XR4.

Staying in Clarksville to ride in Mill Creek seems like a long haul. Mulberry Mountain is close and has nice cabins and camping areas. If you get tired of Oark Café try Backwoods BBQ in Saint Paul, which is also closer to Mill Creek and has regular gas next door. If you need premium gas your best bet is Turner's Bend, which also has great sandwiches.
The leaves are turning late this year so you might still have a little color by then.

Wet, for those that cancelled....
:trust:

Yup. 2 very good days of pavement riding with about 10 minutes of collective rain for me. I had a blast up there.

The first video looks great, haven't watched the others. The trails Richard, JT and the others went on were gnarly from what I understand and they did get stuck in some rain but isn't that a part of dual sporting? I don't know where they rode, those of us on road bikes stayed on pavement.

Reservations made in Arkansas off of Hwy 23 ( Pig Trail ) at a small Mom n Pop cabin rental with trails leading to the Mill Creek trail head.......
Leaving out on Fri 14th....return on Mon 17th
Six Riders In:......:flip:
(4) KTM 690 Enduros
(1) KTM 530 EXCR
(1) KLR 650
Open invitation to any other Dirt Lovers on here....

Blasted Arkansas weather......
This will be the 3rd trip this year canceled because of bad weather.....That storm in Alaska is pushing all of Canada's arctic air.....guess where..Arkansas:...Sat: rain and ice in the morning 44*/25*...Sun: Cloudy with a few snow flurries 42*/30*....
Oh well, there's always spring

Even early spring the weather can get you there. Last year we rode Wolf Pen Gap area last week of March and had freezing temps every morning, ice on the bikes and got a little freezing rain/flurries as well.

_

Just when I finally thought I had managed to get things arranged,,,,,,,,,,,,,,. After my last year I'm thinking my Craigslist time has arrived!

Well,...I had these guys on their KTM's chomping at the bit to ride up in Arkansas.....We just have to unleash the Orange beasts some where...So we've changed our destination to Big Bend.....Weather looks perfect...
Question: Does Big Bend require any stickers, permits on our bikes to ride the area like the National Forest does in Huntsville....?

Both the NP and the Ranch are licensed bikes only. Street legal is the deal. No permits etc. past that.

Both the NP and the Ranch are licensed bikes only. Street legal is the deal. No permits etc. past that.

Well almost. You do need to buy a NP pass to enter but not expensive. $7 for a 3 day pass I believe.

_

Back