• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

South of DFW Run - April 22, 2017 - UPDATED GPX AND MAP

Reaction score
So the ride for the DFW North Guys..plus anyone else who wants to join - obviously... is on Saturday April 22nd. Bike up at 8am.
The current meeting place will be the Sonic on FM66 and I35. Here is the link.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...bca5de5683365d!8m2!3d32.3745221!4d-96.8650402

There is a WalMart nearby if you want to trailer your bike down and leave the trailer and truck in the parking lot. They seem to be ok with campers, Rv's etc..

The ride will have some pavement time as well as off road time. The objective is to hit the 3 water crossings down in BOSQUE County.
I have cut my ride down from 250 to 209 miles. Since this will have some intentional pavement and the route is more direct..well kinda.. I decided to keep the distance the same. This will be an all day ride. Enduros are welcome as the speed should not get above 60...No highways.
I did a 226 mile trip this year and the timing was good... 8am to 5pm.

Looking at some videos in Bosque County, it would appear there are hills involved..so a slight change from the northern routes.
Please LET ME KNOW if you are going. I would like to get a good head count on what to expect. In the event of bad weather, we can expect to go the next day.

Check it out and let me know. The files are the new GPX File and the New PDF Maps..UPDATED FILES AS OF APRIL 26, 2017

SEE LATER POST FOR GPX FILE THAT WAS DEVELOPED FROM OUR ACTUAL TRACK

Attachments

• 3 watercrossings 3.pdf
    867.4 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:
Re: South of DFW Run - April 22, 2017

Darn it, I am missing another one. Going to be at the Hillbilly Dualsport in Arkansas.

Very interested. Can't commit yet. Pigs are welcome too?
b918898e4ea97bde208d62dc4a72aa02.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't get it together last week but I'll be hoping to join up on this one. I'll be running my Dr650 so Dirt, street and water crossings are welcome.

But Ofcourse, all bikes are welcome..

I am going to do these type of rides for a while...then switch maybe late fall or next spring to Exploring all of the North Texas counties..... There are some good places here in North Texas...we just have to find them and document what we find.

By the way. The GPX file is not final yet. I am still fine tuning it.. if you know of something along the route let me know and we can work it in to keep things interesting!

Chris:rider:

Last edited:

If you hit fm 876 near the starting point, you can pick up, Bell Branch rd, Bee Creek rd, cut over on fm 308 for about 2 miles and pick up Dovie, you would get some nice gravel right out of the starting gate.

Cool input.
I saw bee road and wondered about that...i will do the incorporation of those roads and update the FOX file and map this weekend if schedule allows..

Thanks...thats the input I was looking for.

After looking at tomorrows weather, I think I'll do a ride if anyone is up for it. Gravel and twisties is what i generally look for.

Just traded f800gs for a 690 enduro r today. So the more dirt and water- the better. :rider:
I'm in

This right here is exactly why i got the DR. I've been wanting to kick up some dust and find some trail roads. Not exactly wanting to go full tilt into Knobby tire land but I figure if the terrain mandates it I'm willing. I just have always been a little worried about venturing out on my own. You know how it is, unfamiliar territory, questionable areas and angry drivers... I wouldn't mind a small group of guys that'll help me up my riding game and get more acclimated to offroad environments around the North half of Texas and also to get my riding endurance up too. I'm going to try and make this when life and weather doesn't interfere. Just the past month has been terrible for trying to get together. I've been working down in Houston during the week (yuck) and by the time I get home Friday evening and rest some all I can do on Saturday is get ready to head back on Sunday, lol.

WELL COME ON!

We had fun on the last ride... I think it will be the same this time as well..
From the video I have seen the southern areas should prove to be good DS terrain, especially if the water is flowing. This will be a mix of roads to get to the objective.

We will get you used to the ride!

The date looks good, I will see if I can get a Kitchen pass for it and get my handle bars straightened out.

Just traded f800gs for a 690 enduro r today. So the more dirt and water- the better. :rider:
I'm in

Congrats on the 690, look fwd to hearing all about it :clap:

I will try to make this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well dang. I just realized this is the same weekend as the Junction ride. Why do you guys keep organizing rides on the same weekend as some of the biggest events on the forum? We don't have many rides the way it is, and now you're making us not be able to attend everything we would.
There was one ride in march (same as around the bend). Now there is another one in April (same as junction ride). Is it so hard to cooperate with other rides on the forum?

Congrats on the 690, look fwd to hearing all about it :clap:
Thank you sir. I'm super excited :rider:

WELL COME ON!

We had fun on the last ride... I think it will be the same this time as well..
From the video I have seen the southern areas should prove to be good DS terrain, especially if the water is flowing. This will be a mix of roads to get to the objective.

We will get you used to the ride!

Is there any video publicly available by chance? Would love to check it out if so!!!

I'm currently a maybe. Dropped the bike off at monkey wrench cycles for some much needed maintenance and minor repair. I told Frank I wasn't in a big hurry for it so we'll see if it's out of the shop by then.

Well, cause I am a lazy sod, I just reserved a hotel in Waxahachie for Friday night so I don't have to get up too early Saturday morning to join the ride!! Sylvie and I will both be there, my daughter has practice AP exams the same day so can't join us (again!!).
Looking forward to meeting everyone again (and hoping for no punctures this time!!).

Gary

Hey Chris - I'm new to TWT and a new rider as well. Just purchased my first bike F700gs and looking for some local rides to take part in. 1. Is my bike capable for this ride? 2. I want to be sure my first ride is something enjoyable and not out of my league or my abilities do you think I would need to have Extreme capabilities to ride along or would a novice be ok? I would say I'm a decent rider on pavement, never really done any off road work but I am open and wanting to get involved! Just let me know your honest opinion. Thanks. Joey

I'm sure Chris will reply, but on the last ride we had a KLR650, KTM 1190 and Chris on his Triumph 800, so I am sure your bike will be fine, we leave no man behind, so if it gets a little loose, just slow down to a comfortable speed, everyone will wait. Chris spends a lot of effort and time keeping the group together so you should not be the slightest bit worried about being left behind or causing any problems, we are all riding for fun (not racing). I am sure you will have a great time.

Gary

Last edited:

I've ridden with the TWT guys a few times. None of them expect anyone to ride beyond their abilities. I'm 51 and ride like a novice. Happy to keep you company if "we" fall behind. Haha.

Hey Chris - I'm new to TWT and a new rider as well. Just purchased my first bike F700gs and looking for some local rides to take part in. 1. Is my bike capable for this ride? 2. I want to be sure my first ride is something enjoyable and not out of my league or my abilities do you think I would need to have Extreme capabilities to ride along or would a novice be ok? I would say I'm a decent rider on pavement, never really done any off road work but I am open and wanting to get involved! Just let me know your honest opinion. Thanks. Joey

If I can make it to this one I'll be on my Strom. Probably the fattest heaviest least off road type bike there.

Mark , i certainly appreciate that ! While I'm not 100% certain i can even make it. I was speaking with a biker i met earlier today in a brief conversation he was telling me he went on his first long distant ride and was very unpleasantly surprised as he had rode his own bike about 2 1/2 hours to Oklahoma and when he arrived found that most of the guys had their own trailers so when they were done with a full days ride he had to ride all the way back home alone and exhausted! While i was tempted to laugh i had to stop and say "Oh oo" this may be me! Do you typically haul your bike out the rides then haul it back or do you ride out there on your bike?

Back