• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What to do this weekend?

mitchntx

Follower of Rev. Doug
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Warren
Around the DFW area, there is a LOT going on.

Ft. Worth gun show ... lots of tables for this spectacle. Not as big as the Tulsa show, but ...

Pate swap meet ... I recall the years of this being at the old Pate museum of transportation near Cresson. Now at TMS with acres and acres of over-priced "vintage" and "antique" "collectibles".

Great weather ... near or at 80* with lots of sun and not a lot of wind ... although it appears to return on Sunday.

Flat track racing at TMS on Saturday ... went last year and it was a great time.

I think we are going to Pate tomorrow for the boys 9th birthday. Not in the market for anything just fun to walk around and the weather should be nice enough.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Rise early and gear up. Throw a leg over the seat and point the front tire away from the house. Watch the sun rise as you crank back on the throttle. Stop at some hole in the wall cafe with local pickups parked around it and order breakfast. Top off the tank and go where you haven't been before. See stuff you haven't seen. Take a few pix as you run across goofey yard art, crazy mail boxes, building wall murals and old vehicles. Pull into some out of the way diner that advertises pie and test a couple different pieces with some coffee for lunch. Loop back around toward the house with the sun setting on your back and feel the cool air as you go down into creek crossings and shaded valleys. Smell the aromas of fresh cut hay, cedar smoke and newly plowed ground as you wander through the country watching the shadows stretch. Roll into the driveway just before dark as the evening starts to cool and kill the engine. But then - just sit there for a little while listening to your motorcycle creak and snap as it cools down under you. Savor its warmth and think back on the things you saw and experienced that only you will ever know and feel. And then, just for a thought, have a moment of remorse and pity for the poor schlubs out there who've never felt wind in their face and heard the growl of two wheeled horsepower between their knees. FWIW... I've found very few occasions when a cold Shiner is any more appropriate or refreshing. :sun:

Rise early and gear up. Throw a leg over the seat and point the front tire away from the house. Watch the sun rise as you crank back on the throttle. Stop at some hole in the wall cafe with local pickups parked around it and order breakfast. Top off the tank and go where you haven't been before. See stuff you haven't seen. Take a few pix as you run across goofey yard art, crazy mail boxes, building wall murals and old vehicles. Pull into some out of the way diner that advertises pie and test a couple different pieces with some coffee for lunch. Loop back around toward the house with the sun setting on your back and feel the cool air as you go down into creek crossings and shaded valleys. Smell the aromas of fresh cut hay, cedar smoke and newly plowed ground as you wander through the country watching the shadows stretch. Roll into the driveway just before dark as the evening starts to cool and kill the engine. But then - just sit there for a little while listening to your motorcycle creak and snap as it cools down under you. Savor its warmth and think back on the things you saw and experienced that only you will ever know and feel. And then, just for a thought, have a moment of remorse and pity for the poor schlubs out there who've never felt wind in their face and heard the growl of two wheeled horsepower between their knees. FWIW... I've found very few occasions when a cold Shiner is any more appropriate or refreshing. :sun:

Whew... I feel like I need a smoke after reading that :-P

Haha

Hey Mitch, I suggest you come to Pee Paw's Scooter Shop, lets mount up your tires, move the Model T inside, then I will buy you some BBQ, should be fun.....

Hey Mitch, I suggest you come to Pee Paw's Scooter Shop, lets mount up your tires, move the Model T inside, then I will buy you some BBQ, should be fun.....

Tell me when and how high, sensei ...

Was hoping to find a ride this weekend as well. I'm kicking around looping out through Granbury and Glen Rose tomorrow morning right now.

Some do that, some meet-up in the morning and ride there and some make plans to ride after lunch. There will be a group meeting south of the metroplex in the morning to ride that way, plans will be finalized to night at Friday Night Ice Cream.

Most interesting thing we saw at Pate.
Love the revolver shifter.
Not sure about $10k though.
59bcbd75369167ac601191f0710e1de9.jpg
66e37b97cd2098bbe627f75889d1851d.jpg

Was hoping to find a ride this weekend as well. I'm kicking around looping out through Granbury and Glen Rose tomorrow morning right now.

Well ...

Let me know if it becomes a reality.
I'd like to return the favor ...

Maybe ride to jasper's in Bluff Dale for a burger.

Me I gots me some baby soccer, and I need to pick up some err.....motorcycles....that I have.....errr...um obtained this week. So far a good day. Got to ride DR-Z's, mow a little, move an old car into the shop, put tires on Mitchntx's 1290 wheels, helped install the rear, had to use Mr. Ham Poo to seat the cushdrive so we could get her together. Then a little bench racing, then rode home, did a little personal stuff in town, ate a nice dinner with my beautiful bride, Mrs. Oldtlsdoug. What a great day, and grandbabies tomorrow!!!!

The races at Texas World Speedway were good. I could not find anyone to ride up there so I jumped on the FJR and went by myself. It was a Jarrad Mees blow out. No one could get near him.

Back