TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > Board Administration > Need Help? Got any Comments or Suggestions?

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 09-12-2010, 03:47 PM   #61
M38A1
Administrator

Re: How to include images in your posts

Not really....... That would be horribly long to grab them back from shutterfly now. And when you uploaded them, they probably went through some sort of compression routine degrading the quality and/or size. But IF you were to try that, you would most probably open the largest version of each picture at shutterfly and one by one, do a "right-click-save-as" and save the image to your computer at home. Not sure how that works on a Apple though...... Each picture would have to be done like that.

Don't you keep a copy of every image/picture you take on your local home computer in a folder somewhere? Or do you upload the picture then delete it from your computer? Or did your previous computer go belly-up and you don't have access to all your images/data anymore?

That sort of drives how to proceed.....

"Everyone should have something in their life that requires a helmet" - Ann Sweeney
"Sleep doesn't help if it's your soul that's tired" - Unknown

2002 BMW R1150GS - I just call it "Number 5"...
M38A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:59 PM   #62
stephanl

I transfer my pics from my camera card to my new Apple onto iphoto. I still have an old Dell PC that I started the Shutterfly on 4-5 years ago. I have CD's with a lot of the pics but not all. Can I download some of these pics from CD's onto Photobucket and the images be fine?

(Gone but not forgotten)
2005 M50 Suzuki Boulevard
1983 Honda 650 Nighthawk
1980 Honda CM400T
stephanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #63
Tracker
Forum Supporter

just a small plug for Picasa Web Album/Picasa. Google has done a good job of linking Picasa (their version of editor and photo filer) for your home PC and Picasa Web Albums--the online album that integrates pretty easily with what you have with Picasa. They give you a free 1G space and you can get 20G for $5/yr.

I use Picasa Web Album for family photos. Here's mine as an example
http://picasaweb.google.com/gleavelle

Picasa on your PC will scan your PC for all your photos and organize them into a scrolling album based on when they were shot. It has some decent photo editing tools, too. All free.
"Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of the tyrant and the creed of the slave."
- William Pitt
"The greater the number of laws and enactments, the more thieves and robbers there will be." - Lao-tzu

Massey Ferguson 1020 - Old Red
Memories: Honda VLX, Triumph Speed Triple, Yamaha FZ6
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:05 PM   #64
M38A1
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanl View Post
I transfer my pics from my camera card to my new Apple onto iphoto. I still have an old Dell PC that I started the Shutterfly on 4-5 years ago. I have CD's with a lot of the pics but not all. Can I download some of these pics from CD's onto Photobucket and the images be fine?
Doh! Is IPhoto an on-line host of your pictures? ie: you've uploaded them on their servers?

Yes, if you have a hosting account, it's going to ask for the location of the pictures on your computer to pull them from. Typically, you'd say some folder on your hard drive such as c:/data/pictures or wherever they might be/have been. If the images are on disc, you just point the downloader to the disc drive when the disc is in it.

"Everyone should have something in their life that requires a helmet" - Ann Sweeney

Old 09-12-2010, 04:32 PM   #65
stephanl

I will have to check that out this evening. I don't know if iphoto is an online server.?? Like I said I am just not computer saavy, but trying to learn here!! Thanks to your help M38A1!! and Trackers input-thanks guys! I am going to figure this out! I will check back soon and hopefully with some decent size pics to show.

(Gone but not forgotten)
2005 M50 Suzuki Boulevard
1983 Honda 650 Nighthawk
1980 Honda CM400T
stephanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:38 PM   #66
Tracker
Forum Supporter

iPhoto is a mac based photo editor/organizer. It will link in with .mac online services, including an online photo album, if you have a .mac subscription.
I think iPhoto also has a Picassa web album connector of some sort.

to display an Picasa web album pic, I just right click it, choose "copy photo url", then past it in the "insert image" tool on the reply window (in between [img] <url> [/img]

I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds. I just realized this was in "Board Administration"
"Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of the tyrant and the creed of the slave."
- William Pitt
"The greater the number of laws and enactments, the more thieves and robbers there will be." - Lao-tzu

Massey Ferguson 1020 - Old Red
Memories: Honda VLX, Triumph Speed Triple, Yamaha FZ6
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:41 PM   #67
M38A1
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds. I just realized this was in "Board Administration"
Nope, you're good as I'm getting out of my level of expertise talking Apple's. I've been pretty successful at getting new members to get their pics displayed from remote hosts thus far, but this one is tougher.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:39 PM   #68
TallGears

Testing with text

Testing with Text
TallGears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 09:40 AM   #69
alpine357

Just a test

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-24-2011, 09:45 AM   #70
alpine357

Test 2

Old 06-25-2011, 07:55 AM   #71
Jchefboyardee

Saved the info!
Jchefboyardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:14 PM   #72
KenWg19

testing... 1, 2, 3...

KenWg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:18 PM   #73
KenWg19

take two...

KenWg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #74
GeezerMadman

Test

Last edited by Tourmeister; 06-04-2012 at 10:00 PM.
GeezerMadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:01 PM   #75
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeezerMadman View Post
Test

You had some extra stuff in the link and multiple IMG tags in there. Edit the post and look at it now.

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:08 PM   #76
GeezerMadman

Thanks Scott--
It's been a while since I posted an image. I wasn't even sure I still had a photobucket acct

Jerry
Old 08-20-2012, 02:01 AM   #77
diontx

diontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 07:01 AM   #78
way-man

way-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #79
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by diontx View Post
I did not see this before replying to your test thread. I see you got it figured out.

Nice looking bike!

Total Forum Supporter Donations For October: $323.43 - Previous Month: $685.11 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 128 Current Forum Supporters out of 20679 Users (0.62%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #80
slowrider

Test

slowrider is offline   Reply With Quote