• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Austin metal fabricators for dogbones.

je2000

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
I need to make some custom dogbones. I am told I need to use 7000 series steel. 1 1/4x 1/4 strap steel has worked for someone else. I have no idea what strap steel is. I have the measurements and worst case I give the guy my bones and say "stock hole spacing is 124mm. make them 119mm"

Any ideas? My bike is a single monoshock...a big heavy dirtbike basically. But not as heavy as the KLR :eat3:

I'm pretty sure these are the guys we use to make the custom crash bars for our EMS motorcycles.

Central Machine Works
4824 E Cesar Chavez St
Austin, TX
(512) 385-3287

I'm pretty sure these are the guys we use to make the custom crash bars for our EMS motorcycles.

Central Machine Works
4824 E Cesar Chavez St
Austin, TX
(512) 385-3287

Cool thanks! I will have to check them out.

Paul over there is a long time BMW rider. He's a nice guy after you get to know him so don't be discouraged by his initial contact.

I would say make sure who ever makes them can cut with water jet or heat treat them when done. Plasma without heat treating can cause stress cracks from what I have read.

Sent via VZN Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Paul over there is a long time BMW rider. He's a nice guy after you get to know him so don't be discouraged by his initial contact.

Still won't go because of sneaky anti-competitive business tactics. Maybe that's changed. Neither here nor there. If he won't touch a simple rethread job why would he mess with a precision bore?

Back