• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Update your camera time

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
If your camera doesn't automatically switch between Daylight savings and standard time, you should update the time.

My two have a click box so I can tell it we are in DST or not, but it is manual to change it. So I've updated it.

It usually takes me a month or so to remember so I figured I'd pass the reminder along since I actually remembered only a couple of days late this go round.

Last edited:
Thanks Rusty :clap:

I forgot to change the time on my P&S from the last time change. So when I took it on a trip in July, all the pics from that camera are one hour off from all the pics on my phone. Needless to say, it has made it a real pain trying to sort the two sets of images by time to organize them for a report. I don't know of a way to change the time stamp in the image file after the fact.

I forgot to change the time on my P&S from the last time change. So when I took it on a trip in July, all the pics from that camera are one hour off from all the pics on my phone. Needless to say, it has made it a real pain trying to sort the two sets of images by time to organize them for a report. I don't know of a way to change the time stamp in the image file after the fact.

Haven't tried this, but doesn't seem difficult....

https://petapixel.com/2012/11/05/ho...t-to-update-your-camera-for-daylight-savings/

I had to shift mine an hour one time when shooting with Scott and his friend Eric. There's matched and mine were different so I had to change. I think it was like only 5 minutes though, but at a sporting event that made sequencing a pain.

Back