• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Guess

Congrats on the new ride, I suppose nobody ever saw the husky again. What a shame.

Ready for shakedown testing.
fea4e453017884e37471a2252015f7c2.jpg
8f8c6fb4b5c44e92b298c51ffa36974a.jpg

I was using the wrong gasket sealer to seal the valve rocker assembly. I developed an oil leak, so I bought the right sealant, ThreeBond. I pulled it one more time, sealed it up right and checked the valve clearances- perfect. Replaced water pump seals. I had been doing that wrong, too.

Oh well.

I thought for a bit about how I wanted to lights to work. I ended up using the yellow "powered while running" wire to run headlights and the tail and license combo. The headlight has a high, low, and off switch and the taillight is on if the bike is running.

I ran a new fused circuit for the horn, fan, and flashers, and another fused circuit for the brake lights. I put brake switches on both front and rear brake master cylinders. I like being able to activate the horn and the brake lights with the bike off.

A proper mirror has been added as well as a ram ball mount for the gps.

I have a big tank that needs a little plastic welding. I'll get to that someday soon.

Going back to stock springs made a huge improvement in ride comfort.

I wish I had done this sooner. It was sprung 40-60 lbs heavy, and it was beating me up.:doh:

Getting ready for the Texas 500 and a little jaunt into Mexico.

That 6.6 gal tank repair lasted a year. I'm not messing around with the desert, so I just ordered a new one.

I also upgraded the stator, added an ADVmonster Model 60 on a Ram ball mount, and cleaned up some wiring issues.

A new battery and a Giant Loop Mojavi bag are headed my way.

I'm going to change my kick shaft seal, crankshaft seal and front spocket (13t/48t to 14t/48t) when I change my oil one of these nights.

Back