• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rever app?

I've had it on my phone for a while, haven't messed with it in a while either. in the past you had to plan from the PC, the load it on your phone. It was okay for what it did, but last I checked it was still a very 'alpha' versioned product (i.e. missing functionality, incomplete app, unexpected behaviors.) Now that BMW has bought into it, I expect their yearly pricing to increase for the premium version. I'd stick with the lite version, but offline maps is kinda required for me to go anywhere fun.

Not a particularly useful skin on Google Maps. Harley's (100% free) Ride Planner is better if this type of routing is what you're looking for.

I use it every time I ride. its great.y

Just went to check it out, I like being able to modify a route on the computer and then send it to the phone/gps. I have been using copilot, ESR (eatsleepride) and Scenic. As I go I will try to compare them all. So far Rever has been the easiest to plan a ride.

Okay, looks like Rever is getting much better. Scenic has been unreliable and seems to crash even with off line maps. CoPilot has been the most reliable but no moto specfic routeing or trip recording. ESR doesn't offer go to routing.

Last edited:
With the way Aaron rides I'd be more suprised he wasn't using a backpack gps application, lol.

When I looked into this a while ago, Scenic was the only one that gave turn-by-turn nav to a route you set. But yeah, it's far from perfect. I also noticed it tends to crash and has more than a few glitches.

When I gave Rever a shot I couldn't figure out what its actual purpose is. All I could figure out was a "path recorder", just like a zillion other apps for bicycling, running, hiking, whatever. It draws a line and then asks you to blast it to social media.

One of these days Google will realize My Maps would be 1000% more useful if you can navigate the custom path, rather than just to waypoints on it. It still always tries to send you on the fastest/shortest route between waypoints. It's still kind of useful, since as you are navigating, you can see where "your" route splits off and can just follow that, although it'd be nice if they didn't make both lines the same shade of blue.

Rever has added navigtion in the last couple of updates. I used it on the way home from Corpus. It still needs work but they are headed in the right direction. I like being able to set up routes on the laptop and import to the phone. As it stands now the track is only a line on the map and I would like to see turn by turn nav intigrated in the track/trip.

I am in contact with Scenic about the failure on Friday trying to navigate to Corpus. I will try changing some of the settings and see if I can recreate the issue. Then send the data logs back to scenic. If that little thing starts working it will be nice to use.

Didn't know about google maps.

I like Kurviger, but would love the ability to set custom routes. It does turn by turn navigation, but I usually beat their ETA by 20 minutes or so, and that's doing the speed limit.

Back