• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Annual BBQ by Woodbutcher and M38A1 - 4/29/17

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
This is the 5th year. So let's make it big!

Those of you that have attended in the past may notice that this is not on MotoGP weekend like it has been in the past. That's because we wanted to have it on an easier weekend for non-race attendees to make it and also we can do it in the middle of the day. Which we hope will allow folks to ride in, eat, and still make it home. So it will be on Saturday, April 29th, at noon.

Same concept as before. We'll provide the meat and beans and ask that y'all bring the sides and desserts. We'll figure out drinks too.

So, as usual, post up if you are coming, how many of you, and what you can bring. And if you are coming from out of town, don't feel pressure to bring anything, just come.

Feel free to stop by in the morning. Scott will be making fatties for breakfast, but we might put you to work. Targeting food at noon. I've got some beverages in the fridge, but bring your favorite in case I don't have enough or didn't get something you like. Bring a folding chair too, we got some chairs, but extras are good.

Address is 8900 Brushygate Cv, Austin, 78717

Map link: https://goo.gl/maps/uNmvsmjCJJT2

In:
Woodbutcher +10 (I'm counting neighbors too) - Meat (brisket, pork butt, sausage, chicken), borracho beans.
M38A1 - mad cooking skills
Solorider - if he gets his act together, I mean bike. and a room.
CDC + Donnie - empanadas.
Dahveed - cookies and a room
ghostrider1964
pacman
kurt
Mikes Old Virago - pecan pie
Slowgeezer and Joyce - corn, black bean and jicama salad
Robert K
ThomasM +2
DualSportVet
bigDave-GS - potato salad
Frankintx - muffins (maybe a pie? not sure)
centextom +maybe wife - corn casserole and 2 buttermilk pies
Vinny
fly-by75
daytrader +1 - soda
innominate +1 - cole slaw and a pie
Pablo - deviled eggs
Tourmeister
39 so far.

Maybe
Rick M
JBay and Stephanie
Euromedic

Last edited:
I can come Friday and "help", will need spot to crash for the night.
Grand kid has a game but I got my priorities right...

Heartbreaking! I'm going to be out of town...

I suppose I'm "In" now. :rofl:

FYI - this will be the 8th year in a row to have done this. Three years at Tricepilot's in Cibolo called "BBQ4U", four years at Woodbutcher's for MotoGP, and this year (#8) of which we're just calling "Annual". At what point does something become 'tradition'? :ponder:

As with past events, if you want to learn about slow-smoking/bbq, fire management, food prep, tricks and such, you are more than welcome to come early or whenever and see how it's done/participate or pick our brains. We've got a lot of good pit-masters on the forum here who are willing to share the knowledge.

Last edited:
In! What can I bring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since you are early on the list, the choice is wide open. Cole slaw, potato salad, cookies, pies, cakes, green veggies. In fact, raw veggies for snacking are good. Pick one and post up.

This is an event not to be missed.
In for fatties, early meat taste, beer comparison, etc. etc. . . .
Thank you Rusty and Scott for doing this.

We did a test run up at Ghostrider's last weekend of the fatties. Scott didn't have his favorite jelly to put on the biscuits with the fatties, but he managed to combine some stuff for a good substitute.

For the uneducated, a fattie is package of ground sausage, flattened out and rolled back up with cream cheese, gouda, and sun dried tomatoes. Then a bit of rub on the outside and then on to the smoker for a bit. Served on fresh biscuits with a pineapple habanero or similar jelly.

Since you are early on the list, the choice is wide open. Cole slaw, potato salad, cookies, pies, cakes, green veggies. In fact, raw veggies for snacking are good. Pick one and post up.

What motorcycles well? Probably nothing that will kill yah if it doesn't have great refrigeration (great value coleslaw :trust:). Sounds like cookies to me. I could bring the veggies, but does anyone really like those? Nope, so I'll bring cookies :eat:. How many dozen?

Last edited:
Eleventy-Billion.
I like cookies. :mrgreen:
Everybody does! Nature's perfect food!

Maybe I'll get some ice cream and we can make ice cream sandwiches with the cookies. :zen: Start the day with fatties and end with Ice cream cookies sandwiches. With BBQ in the middle. :sun:

The BBQ is in between the fatties in the morning and the ice cream cookies in the afternoon, not in between the cookies.

Last edited:
Dadgum it.....Jay and I would love to come and help/eat some good BBQ. Unfortunately we are flying to Portland, Oregon on that day. I'm speaking at a conference....it will be somewhat related.....

How to replace HFCS with other sweeteners in sauces and dressings.

Y'all enjoy.

Back