• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

FS: 2013 KTM 350 XCF-W - Denton, TX - reduced $4700

Reaction score
First Name
Brad
sold on advrider
2013 KTM 350 XCF-W with approx 115 hrs. Used for vacations as a dual sport and occasionally at local off road parks. Never raced. Fell down plenty but never had any hard crashes.
Currently set up with Highway Dirtbikes risers/bark busters ready for sub mount steering damper, ktm plastic engine guard, rad guards, seat concepts seat, dual sport kit from SicAss racing, FMF KTM pipe. Oil changed and air filter cleaned regularly. Also have my current springs (180# rider) and stock springs. Clear blue title on bike. Reduced to $4700. Bike is now on ADVrider also.

ridge%20ride%20UT%2015%20baby%20head_zpsmjjxjxyt.jpg

colorado%20pass%20in%20the%20snow%2015_zps0q8btyo6.jpg

Last edited:
Re: FS: 2013 KTM 350 XCF-W - Denton, TX - $5000

In your opinion what is the benefit of the 350 XCF-W over the 350 EXC-F that comes out of the box street legal? :ponder:

In your opinion what is the benefit of the 350 XCF-W over the 350 EXC-F that comes out of the box street legal? :ponder:

I believe it is a difference in gear ratios, the W being for wide ratio. My understanding is that is more trail/dirt oriented (requires less shifting because you have a wider usable power band),

From Wikipedia, the source of all that is true and dubious...

"Alternately, a wide-ratio transmission requires the engine to operate over a greater speed range, but requires less shifting and allows a wider range of output speeds. Close-ratio transmissions are generally offered in sports cars, in which the engine is tuned for maximum power in a narrow range of operating speeds and the driver can be expected to enjoy shifting often to keep the engine in its power band."

So is this one street legal as a dual sport? (meaning have you made it street legal since it does not come street legal).

To me, having had the 500 EXC prior to this 350 XCF-W, showed me the difference in the ECU, and the emissions/charcoal canister. It doesn't come with any of it. I don't know what the stock gearing is on the 350 EXC but the XCF-W came with 13/52. I swapped to 13/50 from my wifes 250. Gave her lower gearing and made first gear a little more useful. Still worthless, I never start in less than 2nd unless climbing gnarly hill at Muenster.
So for less money (new) you can plate a XCF-W and have less crap to deal with.

I beleive Tourmiester is comparing the XCF to XCF-W not EXC to XCF-W. XCF is hotter motor, close ratio 5 speed, closed-cartridge forks, non-PDS rear shock with linkage, can tune ECU, use map switch, etc. XCF-W and EXC are locked ECU and PDS non-linkage rear, with open cartridge forks. More plush.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

So is this one street legal as a dual sport? (meaning have you made it street legal since it does not come street legal).

Legal... no. It is ready to be registered and plated. Has everything it needs minus the mirror which I am keeping for the new DR.

I believe it is a difference in gear ratios, the W being for wide ratio. My understanding is that is more trail/dirt oriented (requires less shifting because you have a wider usable power band),

From Wikipedia, the source of all that is true and dubious...

"Alternately, a wide-ratio transmission requires the engine to operate over a greater speed range, but requires less shifting and allows a wider range of output speeds. Close-ratio transmissions are generally offered in sports cars, in which the engine is tuned for maximum power in a narrow range of operating speeds and the driver can be expected to enjoy shifting often to keep the engine in its power band."

Close. You describe difference in XCF and XCF-W. EXC is Cali legal choked up XCF-W.

XC-F is close ratio transmission XC-FW is wide ratio I also believe there is a camshaft profile difference the XC-F has the same camshafts as the SX motorcross bike and XC-FW and EXC share the same.

Was that a 250 you rode the other weekend at Muenster Bud?
I just had my first experience on a trials bike.... 280 GasGas Raga replica at City Park in Austin. Man was that fun and different... just may have to get one...

Yep that was a 250XC-F

Trials bikes are fun I should have never sold my Gas Gas but no one else around had one. Sold mine and Sam bought one the next week:doh:

Pm sent

Back