• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy from Fort Worth !

Reaction score
Well Helllloooo everyone !

Ive been trolling around here for a little bit ~ Glad to finally have made a buying decision and in turn am now a proud new owner of a new 2007 Midnight Star. My name is Mike - I live in the Fort Worth area, am a 40 yr old father of 4- small business owner- new motorcycle rider.

Actually i have ridden before about 20 years ago - not legally tho - this time i did things different, i took the MSF course about a month ago then got licensed a few weeks back.

Riding around in a parking lot in 2nd gear (msf course) is a whole lot different than taking a 1700cc beast up on the interstate with a 50mph storm bearing down on ya, as i found out when i took my R* home 4 saturdays ago! I had to make the drive from Irving to FW with a storm bearing down from the north...wow! Talk about diving in feet first! Im glad i took that course as it gave me the confidence i needed to get 'er home.

Last weekend me and my neighbor, (a harley rider) and a friend (a Ducati rider) took a trip down to Dublin Tx- to the Dr. Pepper factory there. About an hour and a half drive, my first "road trip". I gotta say i had a permanent smile on my face as i headed down 377, ive been dreaming about riding like that for so long and i was finally doing it.
Glad to find a community here with some great members - I was hoping to make the meet and greet at Boston's pizza tonight but the rain kept me in.

Anyways as you can see i can be prone to ramble on, Ill wrap up now and just throw out a big hello to everyone! I'm looking forward to being apart of this group and sharing in experiences and learning from y'all.

Ride safe! ~ Mike :rider:

...this time i did things different, i took the MSF course about a month ago then got licensed a few weeks back.
Last weekend me and my neighbor, (a harley rider) and a friend (a Ducati rider) took a trip down to Dublin Tx- to the Dr. Pepper factory there. About an hour and a half drive, my first "road trip". I gotta say i had a permanent smile on my face as i headed down 377, ive been dreaming about riding like that for so long and i was finally doing it.

Glad to find a community here with some great members - I was hoping to make the meet and greet at Boston's pizza tonight but the rain kept me in.

:welcome: Mike

Most of the folks here will ask new folks about taking the MSF course - you did good (plus I thought the course was fun).

Now that you have a taste of roads SW of Ft. Worth, you can learn about some of the better ones to ride on... :trust:

And please join us on Tuesday nights. Also, watch for Friday nights (ice cream) and Saturday mornings (Blue Hangar). This week there is a M&G with the surly Johnson County Bunch on Thursday night...

Not to mention the track day M&G this weekend... :zen:

AND did I mention the Pie Run the following Saturday (7/26)? ;-)

So, we should see you soon... :sun:

wow! :wave:
Thanks for all the great invitations! I was just reading through the Pie run posts - sounds like its gonna be a blast! Ill know more later this week if i can partake. I never rode in a group that big. :eek2: would be awesome to join yall !
Breakfast at the Hanger is definitely in my sights too! - looking forward to that. :eat:
I agree the MSF course was the way to go. Got me back in the saddle and it really "tunes you in" to making the switch back over to having the 2 wheeler mentality. And with having a lovely wife and 3 kids to come home to, i want every advantage i can get to make it home safely. I would love to take the advanced course this fall.

Hope to see yall soon...!

~Ride Safe - Mike :rider:

Welcome! You'll find most of the natives are friendly, and we hardly ever eat each other. :eat: :rider: :eat:

I never rode in a group that big.

The whole group does not ride together but everyone has the same destination. Usually, there are a lot of small groups that take a variety of routes to get there.

My wife and I will probably be taking a back roads route over to Plano to pick up my brother. It will then be pretty much a straight shot up 289 to Celina. It will be a sedate pace and only a couple of places with traffic issues. You are certainly welcome to join us if you can make it. I'll have details the week before (hey, that's next week! :doh: )

:rider: :eat: :rider:

Anyways as you can see i can be prone to ramble on...

:lol2:

That was nothing... just wait until you encounter one of my 4:00am treatises on economics :trust:

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Welcome! You'll find most of the natives are friendly, and we hardly ever eat each other. :eat: :rider: :eat:

Except if pie is around. ANYTHING goes good w/ pie!

Welcome Mike. Join us at a meet n greet or pie run when you can. Most will ride in sub-groups to the pie run so the group isn't too big.

:welcome: Sounds like you are having a great time with your new bike! :rider:

That was nothing... just wait until you encounter one of my 4:00am treatises on economics :trust:

+1 :lol2:
poke2.gif

I'm new too. New to all of it. I completed the MSF class this past weekend and got my license today. Then I put 70mi. on my new, and first ever bike. I can't believe I never rode before now. I have a lot to make up.

I'm new too. New to all of it. I completed the MSF class this past weekend and got my license today. Then I put 70mi. on my new, and first ever bike. I can't believe I never rode before now. I have a lot to make up.

:lol2: I was the same way when I got started. Was kicking myself for waiting so long :doh: What bike did you get?

Oh yeah, welcome to the site! :wave:

Welcome to the site pooldoc. :wave: Does your name mean you have a swimming pool maintenance company? If so, I need to put you in touch with my HOA management company. They are paying WAY too much for the maintenance contract on our community pool. All the neighbors are on the lookout for a better deal.

Btw, I have an 08 Bonneville. I don't remember thinking about girls as a teen as much as I think about riding now.

I don't remember thinking about girls as a teen as much as I think about riding now.

Mmm you probally did... But if your as old as me you pretty much have forgotten is all :doh:

I hear ya tho...its definately my new obsession :thumb: GRATZ on your new bike ! I just hit 400mi on mine! :rider: :clap:

:welcome: Bob

check post #3 for the stuff going on in Tarrant County and surrounding areas!
Alwaaays gud ta geyt mo Foat Wuth riders! :rider:

Back