• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Headed for New Mexico

n7net

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Laughlin
Hello,

The name is Scott and I'm new here. I've qualified for senior discounts for several years, already. Eleven motorcycles have graced my stables over the past 51 years. There were a few Harleys, one Suzuki and a flock of Hondas including two Goldwings. I guess I'm migrating back toward the motorbike because my present mount is a CB-900C, a cherry rig that I wish I could claim is as comfortable as my old 'Wings were. But saying so would be a drastic stretch of the truth.

Sunday, in the thin, gray dawn, I'm leaving the Dallas area to meet old friends in Show Low, Arizona. There will be three of us this time. The forth one we called Joe. It was his wishes that his ashes be spread out at Apache Creek, New Mexico, a place he held dear.

And that is the thrust behind this pilgrimage across HOT West Texas in late July.

Best regards,

Scott/n7net

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Sounds like this will be a very special trip. I hope it all goes well for your group. I'd love to see pics and a ride report when you get back. I hope the heat is not too bad for you guys... :uhoh:

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the encouragement. At the end of this trip I shall have some photos and some comments.

Scott/n7net

Good luck, I am in Tucson, if you have any issues or need a place to sleep, give me a call. Ironically, my buddy who is on the forum is leaving Plano Saturday morning to be at my house Sunday afternoon.

I will PM you my number in case you need it.

Welcome aboard! I hope the trip will bring back GOOD memories of your friend. Be careful as wet eyeballs make driving difficult. Take care, be safe,
Wally:rider:

Scott here,

Many thanks for your warm responses, one and all.

In order that my bride can see what sort of mischief I'm up to when I'm out of sight and over the horizon, I provide her with a Google map reflecting my current position the last time my data beacon found a gateway into the Internet.

If you're interested in this sort of thing you can watch by clicking on:

http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=n7net-6

I've never found a virus here. I hope you don't either.

Scott/n7net

Back