• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New guy in Arlington, TX

Kilroy

Reaction score
Hey all, just joined today, looking forward to some good times here!

I'm in Northeast Arlington, 360 and I-30 area. I don't actually have a bike, but have been trail riding for a few years, just used my uncle's CRF450R. I've street-ridden (illegally) since I was 16, also with my uncle, on his VFR 750, so I'm no stranger to riding.

Hopefully a bike that suits me will flow through the classified section in the near future, looking for a 250-450cc dualsport if I can find one. Also need to do that whole MSF thing. And make some money to support this habit while I'm at it :mrgreen:

Well, just wanted to drop a line and introduce myself, looking forward to some good times!

-Joel Simmons

:welcome: fellow A-towner!
(I'm in the SW - Arkansas & Green Oaks)

The MSF course is the best way to start/re-start.

Our Tarrant County group meets on Tuesday nights for food, looking at motorcycles, and talking about motorcycles and all kinds of other topics. You don't have to have a current ride to join us, just an interest (usually rabid) in bikes. Watch the "Upcoming Events" DFW section...

Welcome to the site. Maybe we'll see you at one of the Meet and Greets coming up soon.

I'll see if I can make it to one of those meet & greets sometime. I figured MSF was a good place to start, any suggestions on where to take it? I have finals next week, and then I'm free.

I took the basic rider course from A+ - they have used the parking lot at Six Flags Mall and a mall classroom when we took it 2.5 years ago. There are several choices in the area but that sure would be close for you...

Thanks! I'm guessing I need the 'basic rider' course to get my moto endorsement?

Cool! Thanks! Hopefully I'll have that done in the next few weeks, then it's just the trouble of finding a used dualsport that I can afford (which could be a while, haha)

Thanks! I'm guessing I need the 'basic rider' course to get my moto endorsement?

Like Bill said, "yep". The good thing about the course is that, by passing it, you are exempted from taking the driving part of the driver's license test (a real hassle just from scheduling standpoint) and get the beloved "M" on your license. You just do the computer quiz (need 16 out of 20 to pass), pay your $15, and get a new photo... All at the DPS office, of course...

then it's just the trouble of finding a used dualsport that I can afford (which could be a while, haha)

Good luck! I haven't found one that fits my budget yet. Admittedly, my budget is nil at the moment.

Come on down to a M&G lots of good folks (and a few interesting ones ;) ) and always bikes to drool over. Usually a decent helping of DSs and a good mix of everything else :drool:

Howdy and welcome from McKinney!

Good luck on that search! I'm sure there's one out looking for you too!

Back