• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

White os the new Orange - Or, Gentlemen let's keep it clean!

philipbarrett

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
So you, like myself, are the proud owner of a beautiful Husqvarna resplendent in the Swedish colors of Blue and Yellow but in actuality, mostly white.

You take said Scandinavian lovely to Big Bend where, aside from being the center of attention (Swedish blondes pull crowds) your lovely mount gets rather dirty. Being the diligent owner you are, upon arriving home you wish to return your Husky to the lovely state she was before leaving. Having given her a thorough wash down you still find dark marks on the beautiful white skin...er...bodywork which detract from the fine looks just enough to be bothersome.

Well never fear, Mr. Clean has a solution. Well a sponge actually. And it works really well for gently removing stubborn grime & marks where excessive knee gripping of tanks may have manifested itself.

:rider:

51XIeFNZzJL.jpg

Last edited:
I remember a thread on ADV started by a guy bought a GS Adventure with the aluminum boxes. In the thread he was asking if there were any cognoscenti who knew how to remove boot scuff marks he made on the boxes while getting on and off the bike.

It didn't go well.

I ran the inspection section that did the heavy inspections on my units C-130's. Every Inspection starts with a wash and washing a 130 is a horrible job. I came across that type of cleaning pad several years ago and we loved them I bought them in large boxes. They did a better job with less effort than anything else on the market. We did keep some Scotch Bright stuff around for specific uses, but those really are the bomb.

You take said Scandinavian lovely to Big Bend where, aside from being the center of attention (Swedish blondes pull crowds) your lovely mount gets rather dirty. Being the diligent owner you are, upon arriving home you wish to return your Husky to the lovely state she was before leaving. Having given her a thorough wash down you still find dark marks on the beautiful white skin...er...bodywork which detract from the fine looks just enough to be bothersome.

You take said Scandinavian lovely to Big Bend where, aside from being the center of attention (Swedish blondes pull crowds) your lovely mount gets rather dirty. Being the diligent owner you are, upon arriving home you clean and lube the chain, change the oil if you have to, and plug her into the battery tender. You forget about looks because hey, this is a dirt bike and not some beige colored scooter you ride to WalMart for candy peeps. You like the fact your ride is earning its stripes and watching it get cut up, scraped and dinged is part of the reason you bought it in the first place. You remind yourself that if you wanted a fanciful bike that you fussed over with gloss polish and a Magic Eraser, you would have settled for a Harley.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Rubbing a Swedish blonde with a magic eraser is also very flattering.

Because the former owner of the most glamorous KLR ever seen has a leg to stand on here?

:sun:

Pro Tip: Some drops of lavender oil in the gas tank yields a pleasant, effervescent scent on the trail for your riding buddies when you blip the throttle and your scoot emits that lady-like toot. :trust:

Pro Tip: Some drops of lavender oil in the gas tank yields a pleasant, effervescent scent on the trail for your riding buddies when you blip the throttle and your scoot emits that lady-like toot. :trust:

My next article for Dirt Rider; "essential oils for the Enduro rider"

Back