• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

+++ NO GO +++ NW Arkansas - Road Ride (non-Epic) - 8-9-10-11 October 2015

What Dates WILL you attend? (Thurs-Fri-Sat-Sun)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: NW Arkansas - Road Ride (non-Epic) - 8-9-10-11 October 2015

It’s been over a week since we agreed “when” (8-9-10-11 October, remember?) and asked the question “where.” So in the nine days hence, the opinions voiced are……..

Harrison – 3 votes

(Other preference was Eureka Springs, but were from people who subsequently said they do not expect to attend……….)

Makes it easy – HARRISON it is.

Going cheap – here are my ideas:

Days Inn has rooms then for $159 for the 3 nights including tax……if you pay now….. ($187 otherwise)…and includes “complimentary breakfast”……

There is also a locally owned “Family Budget Inn” – total of $167 for 3 nights – and "A complimentary continental breakfast is served each morning at this hotel. " And no cancellation penalty up to the day before (i.e., 7 October)!

I’m thinking FAMILY BUDGET INN.

JETTECH01 and CDC – thoughts?

Neil

Neil;
I can not commit at this time, I will expect (if going) to pay up when I arrive, when the time gets closer (a week or so) I will commit and let you know if I need a room or not. Sorry but the calendaer is filling up quickly. Reunions and daughters graduation from College take priority of course.
Randy

Neil;
Sorry my friend, I have to cancel, too many places I need to be this fall and limited vacation time left. its gonna have to be next time.
Randy

Might bump into you guys. Wife an I are staying at Tall Pines Inn 10/6 through 10/10.
We'll be on a black Suzuki C90 and impersonating old people.

Neil;
Sorry my friend, I have to cancel, too many places I need to be this fall and limited vacation time left. its gonna have to be next time.
Randy

No problem.

We should get together sometime for a Sunday ride - I'm in Houston, too (northeast beltway 8). And frankly, I'd love to see a Motus in person.

Thanks for the email.

Neil

Due to lots of false starts, let's give up on this weekend plan Arkansas thing. Maybe another time.......................

Sorry it got canceled, Neil. I'd love to go to AR again so keep me in mind if you plan to go and I'll let you know if it's good for me or not. I'm on a regular work schedule now where I can plan ahead (can't plan next year yet though).

Interesting that this is cancelled - just this past week, I interviewed for a new position (still in GE) - but it is in North Carolina!

Deals Gap! Blue Ridge! Mountains!

Just up there earlier today. There were endless processions of bikes in groups. Perfect riding weather and crisp nights this week.

Back