• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Chain & sprocket size question

Reaction score
Does anyone know what it is the stock for Bandit 1250S? I went through few websites and they all tell different stock sizes. I counted on my bike 18-43 on 118 chain, but not sure if the previous owner moded it or not.
Also, according to some sites, the ABS version are different from non-ABS models... Personally, I don't think it should be any different, but who knows?

search the Bandit specific thread[its long] and look for info on a factory manual or google it. there are low cost ones out there. good luck!

Thanks. According to the PDF manual for GSF1250S/A/SA the set is 18-43-118 and no mentioning if there's a difference with ABS models.
I guess these after market retailers often misleading.

I can tell you for sure that stock is 18-43. I have used 18-44 and 18-45, chain was sized by installing mechanic. I adjusted the rear sprocket as opposed to the front because I think it is a more granular step up. The 18-45 setup was wild but hurt top-end and fuelly, so I went back to 18-44. I think this is the bike's "sweet spot". Anyway, hope that helps.

I went with 18/45. Love the convenience of not shifting. Can start in 2nd most of the time, and 6th is not overdrive anymore. Not sure yet about the mileage. Will see.

I went with 18/45. Love the convenience of not shifting. Can start in 2nd most of the time, and 6th is not overdrive anymore. Not sure yet about the mileage. Will see.

I've been trying to find a thread on going larger on the rear sprocket. I couldn't find anything. Just seems so much easier than the front. Plus it leaves the stock rubber cushion on the front sprocket. Which sprocket did you go with? Were you able to still use the stock chain?

I've been trying to find a thread on going larger on the rear sprocket. I couldn't find anything. Just seems so much easier than the front. Plus it leaves the stock rubber cushion on the front sprocket. Which sprocket did you go with? Were you able to still use the stock chain?
No, the reason I changed the sprocket was the stretched out chain as I haven't see like it before. Had 33k miles on it. So I changes all 3.
The front sprocket was done with thees shaped as a sea waives. The rear 43 one still was still. I went with 18-45 this time.

Back