• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Usd front end

Reaction score
After an accident i decided to go with usd end on my 1250. I was thinking for Hayabusa parts but finally went with k7 1000 front end.
Because i wanted to keep bandit's wheel with abs , with hayabusa i had to make rotors spacers and with k7 1000 not. Also the offset off hayabusa is 32mm vs 28mm which i preferred. I changed the stem and made the spacers for the wheel.
Over all it is quite easy modification.

WP_20170615_15_18_49_Pro%201.jpg

WP_20170615_15_18_33_Pro.jpg

Very nice mod! Much better forks and brakes than the stock setup. Bike should handle and stop better.

So many questions....

How are you dealing with the legs being shorter?

Did you just press the stems out and into the lower crowns?

Are you using the top crown from the Gixxer fork?

Are the gixxer forks lighter?

So many questions....

How are you dealing with the legs being shorter?

Did you just press the stems out and into the lower crowns?

Are you using the top crown from the Gixxer fork?

Are the gixxer forks lighter?

I could find 3 options about shorter forks. I went using custom top yoke with the ability to adjust the forks height about 50mm. Also with all bandit's fittings.
From here https://www.billetbikebits.com/prod..._id=86&zenid=f9e594f775e38c651bee35cf6253184f.

The stem was swapped with bandit's one. (pressed out-in)
Gixxer forks are about 2 kg lighter.
For now i am waiting for top yoke.

I could find 3 options about shorter forks. I went using custom top yoke with the ability to adjust the forks height about 50mm. Also with all bandit's fittings.
From here https://www.billetbikebits.com/prod..._id=86&zenid=f9e594f775e38c651bee35cf6253184f.

I think I would go for the complete triple. Must be lighter.

I think this is a must do.

I see from his FB page you got the yoke. What did you think of it? Im thinking of getting one done for my track bike and maybe the bandit.

Yes i did, overall it seems a good solution. It was a bolt on without modification for ignition switch so i could lock the steering to the original position.
Also it is possible to adjust the forks height easy.
Two things i noticed that was not perfect for me. Because it is long and thick where the screws bolts, when you turn the front it touches the frame, resulting in loosing turning radius. The second i do not know if it is wrong, just in my eyes the 6mm bolts seems small, in the other hand they are 5 off them.
In the road the bandit is way more stable and feels great in turns with the usd, great mod :clap::clap:

Back