• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ebc pads

Reaction score
believe it or not I'm having a difficult time trying to find ebc HH sintered pads on the 'net. I suspect they're probably the same as earlier models, knowing Suzuki. would any of you folks that have abs on yur bandit mind posting what pad your using? thanks very much. :rider:

Not sure what bike you are riding but if its a bigger bike and not a sport bike I'd recommend if you have stock rotors not using EBC HH pads and instead using a good organic brake pad.

thanks for the feedback. It's been observed by bandit owners that the HH pads don't harm the rotor. I used them on my 07 bandit also. I guess I should look for the pads under any year,after 07 of course, regardless of abs or not. probably the same pads right?

I have yet to see a bike that uses different brakes for the ABS model. I'm sure the calipers/pads are the same as the non-abs.

EBC hh's are my go-to replacement. Sintered pads are a little harder on rotors, although unless you're doing track days or hundreds of thousands of miles it's unlikely you'd ever wear the rotor enough to replace it. I had around 50k on my Vmax, OE rotors and HH pads almost from day one and they were nowhere near minimum thickness.

It would help us help you if we knew the exact year and model of motorcycle you want the EBC HH pads for.

Sorry about the lack of info folks, thank you for the response. I decided that Suzuki wouldn't change the pads for abs or non. looking on ebay I kept getting told they wouldn't fit my bike. looked again on bike bandit this morning and they have some but looking for ebc part number so perhaps I can getem a little cheaper on ebay. just emailed ebc sales here in the usa to get that number so we'll see what I get back. the bike is 2016 gsf1250s abs.

RTL, thank you for the link, however jpcycles says they do not fit the 016 bandit. I don't remember so much difficulty finding ebc pads. still haven't heard from ebc.

Is this the brake caliper on your Bandit?
13699786.jpg

If you look closely at this picture you can see I have those calipers on my V-Strom. Suzuki has used those Tokico calipers for years across many models and I believe the pad design have not changed. Take your pads out and compare to the ones being sold.
IMG_0117a_zpsbwcaxg3q.jpg

Last edited:
I've used EBC HH pads on several Motorcycles and find they are actually easier on the rotors than stock pads. They do wear a bit faster, the increased initial bite and improved feel more than make up for it. Fantastic on the 1250.

from the official EBC catalogue for the 2016 bandit.
front HH sintered pads are FA158HH
rear pads in sintered are FA174HH
at least with the fronts the bandit has used the same pads from 2006 to 2016

maybe its the suppliers that don't realize the pads for the '16 are the same as previous models. I've looked at the fa158hh and been told they don't fit. ebc themselves gave me the number for the Kevlar pads which I don't want. but I think the 158 are correct. now is there any problems with doing the switch related to the abs system, just pull 'em out and replace like non-abs? thanks everybody for your help. Yes, RTL they look the same. thanks for going to the trouble to post a pic.

Last edited:
Just removing the calipers to change pads should not effect ABS as it is on the hydraulics. Now if you want to bleed the brakes I would consult the maintenance manual.

My pleasure! I have a soft spot for big Zooks.

Last edited:
just a little update: I got both front and rear pads from racecraftersusa on ebay for 88 bucks. seemed like a good deal. free s&h and I got them very fast, course they're in ca. and I'm in Oregon so that might account for that. installed the front today and my those little screws that hold on the spring are difficult to restart. fine pitch thread and small screw. lever grabs sooner and feels a little firmer. :rider:

EBC HH for the last 70,000 miles, no problems, same rotors . On my 3rd set.

Same! Rotors are getting thinner but at 66k they are still usable and I believe on my 2nd set up front and rear 3rd if not 4th! The rears seems to wear MUCH faster when I went to the EBCs especially versus the front but my riding style has changed too so might just be me! Either way MUCH better braking versus stock! I still have the stock lines, etc. and its a wicked nice upgrade! :)

Just installed Ferodo sintered pads on the front. What a difference compared to stock. I appreciate the bite when I hit the front brakes.

Back