• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Annual BBQ by Woodbutcher and M38A1 - 4/29/17

Rusty, I hope you have a huge covered porch or a garage big enough for all of us. Looking like rain most of the day Saturday ! ! ! It will be a wet ride home for most of us. I got my rain gear pcked ! ! :rider:

Midday is looking ok. late afternoon/evening looks worst. Morning is spotty.

Garage is full of bikes and woodworking tools...:-)

We've done one of these that was off and on rain. We survived. The house is big and I have a popup awning to put up too.

Oh, and I'll talk with Scott tonight and discuss the rain. I really don't want to postpone because my personal schedule is full until the last weekend in May and that is Memorial Day weekend. That pushes it into June. So let's hope the forecast improves.

Rusty, I hope you have a huge covered porch or a garage big enough for all of us. Looking like rain most of the day Saturday ! ! ! It will be a wet ride home for most of us. I got my rain gear pcked ! ! :rider:

The weather forecast is the reason I'm coming in the truck. I'll ride in the rain, but the chance of severe weather makes the truck seem like a better idea. :sun:

Oh, and I'll talk with Scott tonight and discuss the rain. I really don't want to postpone because my personal schedule is full until the last weekend in May and that is Memorial Day weekend. That pushes it into June. So let's hope the forecast improves.

Na, don't postpone. We'll be there rain or shine. Ross (Fly-by-75) and I are riding up Friday evening. We are prepared for wet or dry. That's just part of motorcycling, when it's wet, your wet, when it's dry, your dry, when it's hot, your hot and when it's cold, your cold ! ! ! :rofl: :rider:

I did a test run on my buttermilk pie recipe and it passed with flying colors, so I'm for sure bringing 2 homade buttermilk pies and corn cassarole?*?

Midday is looking ok. late afternoon/evening looks worst. Morning is spotty.

Garage is full of bikes and woodworking tools...:-)

We've done one of these that was off and on rain. We survived. The house is big and I have a popup awning to put up too.

Don't postpone or cancel. Its only water. :trust:

Rusty, this sounds like great fun. Thought I might get to come. Would love to meet all. However, got granddad duty and weatherman is giving us a chance for up to an inch of snow. Dang it was in the 90s a few days ago. Maybe next year. Best I can tell, my daughter lives east of you a little.:ponder:

At this point the weather forecast is good for the middle part of the day. Slight chance of scattered stuff in the morning. Nothing bad until the evening with storms forming around 5pm west of Austin and moving east. So even the DFW folks should be fine if they head home by 2-3pm. But watch the radar.

Yeah, I'll be watching the radar. If the storms are east of us, then I'll go up 183. if there west, then I'll head over to Taylor then up 95. I'll stay off of 35 if it raining at all. Bunch of crazies on 35 when it rains ! ! ! :lol2:

I will be there.

If you need anything specific let me know, otherwise I will bring chips & dips.

-Jay

I hope last minute addition is OK. I can bring plenty of salsa , chips, tortillas to roll some brisket in and a case of bottled water.

Food at approximately noon. So maybe 11:30...but food won't be early.

Sure wish I could make this. Looking great Scott. Keep coming with the pictures and dialog so some of us can enjoy vicariously.

8e9206b940aee29e3b68d89da106042c.jpg

Folks starting to arrive. Fatties. Mmmmm. Burp.

Back