• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

CTOR

Its been years since I have been to CTOR. We went daily in the summer and weekly other times when I got to Texas in 2005.

The year he sold off property and the powerline went up coupled with hunting season was was a double whammy that locked up most of the place that year, have not been back since.

Does he allow day rides without a member? Far as I remember, you had to be with a member to ride as a guest?

Might be fun to get back out there for a day.

Thinking about it. Haven't been on the 2 stroke since last March.

Sam

So.. I'm either going to Crooked Creek in Waco or I'll be joining you guys at CTOR. I will have at least my son and probably my daughter with me as well. Does CTOR have some good areas for rank beginners to ride, or is it better for people who already have the basics down?

My son can ride the easier trails at Crooked Creek, but I haven't taken him down the more difficult cycle-only trails. My daughter has around an hour total on the bike, and although she will quickly learn and progress, she needs some easy confidence building riding first (if she even wants to come!).

So.. I'm either going to Crooked Creek in Waco or I'll be joining you guys at CTOR. I will have at least my son and probably my daughter with me as well. Does CTOR have some good areas for rank beginners to ride, or is it better for people who already have the basics down?

My son can ride the easier trails at Crooked Creek, but I haven't taken him down the more difficult cycle-only trails. My daughter has around an hour total on the bike, and although she will quickly learn and progress, she needs some easy confidence building riding first (if she even wants to come!).

Best to have the basics down.

I'll keep that in mind. Looks like I would really enjoy the place, so it probably depends on who wants to come. My son would probably enjoy the flat lander loop from looking at the web site, and I can leave him at the truck to take a couple of more difficult loops with the grownups. My daughter is somewhat less trustworthy, but she hasn't been asking to ride, so maybe I just won't invite her this time.

I'll keep that in mind. Looks like I would really enjoy the place, so it probably depends on who wants to come. My son would probably enjoy the flat lander loop from looking at the web site, and I can leave him at the truck to take a couple of more difficult loops with the grownups. My daughter is somewhat less trustworthy, but she hasn't been asking to ride, so maybe I just won't invite her this time.

Do you mind me asking for the stats on your kids? I've got a 12 yr old & 5 yr old and we've been riding a bit. Both of them have progressed very well. I'm pretty certain my 5 yr old could make it up the hill, over to the other side of the property and then have a BLAST riding the mini-MX course. But he'd have no business riding the actual single track trails there. My oldest could ride the basic loops, but I think his clutch hand would be worn out pretty quick.

Thanks
CJB

Do you mind me asking for the stats on your kids? I've got a 12 yr old & 5 yr old and we've been riding a bit.

Jacob is 12, and he can handle tame stuff pretty well but not anything that requires you to ride aggressively. He has some balance issues and probably will never be able to do the real aggressive stuff, but that's not really his personality anyway.

Sarah just turned 7, and she will be a good rider if she wants to be. She loves riding as passenger but doesn't have any interest in riding one of her own. I think it is one of those things where she would love it if I forced her to do it, but I don't want to force her to do it..

Here is a recent clip of them- Sarah's first time riding, other than 5 minutes in our fenced in back yard showing her the controls. She has proper gear now, hopefully she will want to ride again before she outgrows it!

[ame="http://youtu.be/ZjqUrMB3FoE"]2014 05 25 Crooked Creek - YouTube[/ame]

And it looks like Jacob and I will be there for sure. Sarah already told me she doesn't want to ride her own but she wants to ride mine with me.... The only downside is that I don't feel right leaving her at the truck so I can take a faster ride.

JQ1.0 may be there as well, depending on how the rest of the week goes.

Jacob is 12, and he can handle tame stuff pretty well but not anything that requires you to ride aggressively. He has some balance issues and probably will never be able to do the real aggressive stuff, but that's not really his personality anyway.

Sarah just turned 7, and she will be a good rider if she wants to be. She loves riding as passenger but doesn't have any interest in riding one of her own. I think it is one of those things where she would love it if I forced her to do it, but I don't want to force her to do it..

Here is a recent clip of them- Sarah's first time riding, other than 5 minutes in our fenced in back yard showing her the controls. She has proper gear now, hopefully she will want to ride again before she outgrows it!

2014 05 25 Crooked Creek - YouTube

Well done dad! So did she end up braking her foot?!? :) I have to admit to watching the entire 10 min video. Its nice to see a dad taking his kids along for those kind of memories. I've got 3 boys but only 2 have the desire to ride. And many times when we go out, I WORK MY TAIL OFF keeping it all going. But in the end its so nice to have made these kinds of memories. Hopefully this kind of stuff will launch their passion (for all kinds of things) over a lifetime to come.

Tomorrow, I'll try to post up a few videos of us.

Thanks
CJB

Looks like Sam is out, he is playing carpenter this coming weekend. I have moved to on the fence as i may go to TWS as the last CRMA endurance race before TWS goes away will be run this weekend and I have two friends racing, be nice to see bikes out there one last time.

We should be there around 8 as well. Will be in a 4 door chevy with KTM300 & XR100 on trailer plus KLR650 in the truck. JQ1.0 will be ina white Ford with a TTR250, also around 8.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

Can someone post a link to CTOR and/or it's location?

http://www.ridector.com/directions.html

Found it. I'm going to try to make it after my night shift at Georgetown. I failed to get tickets to F1, so the weekend opened up.

Last edited:
Looks like Thomas and myself are in for 8 am arrival.
How much is the entrance fee going to be ?

Back