• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Salvation for a riding buddy and strength for his wife.

Reaction score
Scott,

First off, thanks for the boldness to stand in the gap and offer up this part of the forum! God Bless you!

Greetings,

I am Joe Wallis, living in Oklahoma City and founder of YouthKwest Ministries. We will soon be a Christian Nightclub for Youth in the OKC area. Part of my ministry is to witness to young people I meet at certain bike nights. I never thought that with all the witnessing I have done with strangers, that one of my closest friends would need a contact with God!

Jesus wants us to be specific in our prayers so I will give you his first name. Tray is a sportbike enthusiast with currently a 2001 Erion 929 and a Kawasaki 550LTD that he is training his wife to ride. My wife and I ride often with them and he is a top-notch man. He just doesn't know Jesus. I have on good authority (his spouse) that he once walked with God but doesn't now because of family problems. He just doesn't like organized religion. His wife Shannon is a Christian and trying to raise their two girls to love Jesus as well. Tray is against this. I have prayed for him, with him, over him, and have witnessed to him about my own struggles with God. I have an extra ticket to Promise Keepers this year and I plan on taking him if he is receptive.

With his passion for life and his family, I know he would be a dynamic Christian as well. They have discussed a possibility of my wife and I being God Parents to their kids. I think that maybe if he get a good dose of JC that he would want Godly people taking care of his kids in the unfortunate event of the parents demise.

I guess after all this rambling, I lift up this prayer request.

That all the seed that has been planted around him take root and that the Glory of God shown to him. Also I pray for Shannon his wife, for strength and courage that while he is in denial of salvation, that she continue to lift up Jesus and praise Him for the work He is doing in Tray's life.

I love all my brothers and sisters in Christ,

Joe

:tab No problem, will do. Just remember, there is only one person that can change his heart, God. All of our arguing, rationlizing, witnessing, pressuring, etc,... are worth nothing if he is not receptive. If he feels pressured, he is likely to just dig in his heels out of spite. I know, I have been in his shoes. Prayer is by far the most effective tool at your disposal ;-) Patience is the second most effective tool.

Adios,

The seed is planted, truth and light are around him whether or not he recognizes it. My prayers go out to Shannon and the two girls for continued growth and strength. And for Tray, may God touch his heart.

And Joe, I pray for you too my brother. For continued strenght, wisdom and prosperity in bringing others to Christ.

Joe is a former roommate of mine and has had this idea of a Chritian nightclub for a long time, even back when we were still roommates. I am glad to see it finally coming to fruition.

Good luck with your friend, as you know it does take awhile for some of us to come around.

bluedogok said:
Joe is a former roommate of mine and has had this idea of a Chritian nightclub for a long time, even back when we were still roommates. I am glad to see it finally coming to fruition.

Good luck with your friend, as you know it does take awhile for some of us to come around.

Update:

Tray is still a non-believer, but his wife is stronger than ever. His girls are starting to ask my wife and I about Jesus and we have been able to witness to them. I think he doesn't mind us doing it either. I sense that he is close and will soon cleave to the breast of our Lord. My continued prayers are for Tray and his family. Thanks Scott for getting back in touch with me. You have been a good friend for a good many years of my life. Krista and I would be honored to come out there and I will bring the bike in tow. I just need a trailer hitch for our SUV.

I wish you continued success in marriage and blessings to overwhelm you.

Joe

Back