• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Austin CF Rider Passing 09/09/05

Reaction score
Thursday morning a rider here in Austin who was active on Cycle Forums had a wreck and he passed on yesterday evening.

I only met him a couple of times but he was welcoming and friendly to me both times and seemed like an overall nice guy. The ones on there who knew him well do nothing be reinforce that feeling.

So this is to ask for prayers for the family and friends of Rion "White Rabbit" Monk.

Here are a couple of threads on Cycle Forums about Rion.
CF - Pictures of Rion Needed

Sad news. It is impressive to see how many people have responsed there. I didn't know him, but he must have touched a few people from the response.

Scott, the first link you have listed has an extra http// in it. You may want to edit it. I had to cut and paste to get it working.

It is this stupid copy/paste problem that pops up at different times with Firefox since the upgrade here and at STN. I have been on other vBull forums without the same problem.

I can't edit the above post, so here is the fixed link: CF - Prayers for white rabbit

Here are some more threads about the memorial on Monday, a futrue Memorial Ride and the group meeting at the Antonio's Thursday night bike night.

CF - I hope everyone still rides
CF - ~ this thurs bike night. please be there ~

I was only around him a couple of times but I have been around others some more. Everyone always thought he was a great guy, one that the world will definitely miss.

:tab Not sure what is up with the inability to edit posts. Admin and Moderators should always be able to edit their posts regardless of a time limit on other users. Right now I have the time limit turned off so that should fix the issue for now.

Back