• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Crooked Creek For Sale

Intersting in the add description they list out a bunch of outdoor activities...cycling, hunting, fishing, etc.. But don't mention MOTORCYCLES. Makes me want to head out there with my kids before it gets sold. Would be a great place to go ride & camp for the night.

Thanks
CJB

Crooked Creek Cycle Park - 502.6 ACs
4730 T K Pkwy, Axtell, Texas 76624 - McLennan County
$1,850,000 502.60 Acres

:giveup:

Shoot. I hope it doesn't sell before weather cools off. I would like to ride it again.

Great idea Vinny; we should do a big group campout there. If only we knew how much time we have before it might sell...

Unless of course we do as Jbay says and TWT grouped together and bought the whole she-bang!

I dont know if there are many interested in buying it, but if we had about 500 people involved it would put me one bike sale away from being able to afford pitching in. $3700 a pee
:p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be pretty dang cool if twt owned it some how.

Great idea Vinny; we should do a big group campout there. If only we knew how much time we have before it might sell...

Unless of course we do as Jbay says and TWT grouped together and bought the whole she-bang!

I can only assume that these kinds of transactions take a good about of time to find the right buyer and then go to closing and finally change of ownership. My (completely uneducated) guess would be that it would take 1/2 a year.

I dont know if there are many interested in buying it, but if we had about 500 people involved it would put me one bike sale away from being able to afford pitching in. $3700 a pee
:p

I love the idea of this. It wouldn't be impossible, it would probably take some kind of REIT (real estate investment trust)....and someone with some STRONG organizational and leadership skills. But it would be completely doable. AND...500 is way too many people. Max would be 50 @ $37k....better would be 18 @ $100k.

Later,
CJB

AND...500 is way too many people. Max would be 50 @ $37k....better would be 18 @ $100k.

Later,

CJB[/QUOTE]

Lol! I know. It was really kind of a joke as i am ironically selling a klr650 for that amount. $3700 [emoji12]
I cant roll with the real cost at this time in life.
But that would be so cool if it was able to be swung. I have not been to very many cycle parks, but i fell in love with CC my first time out there. I sure hope it doesn't close down. Im hoping to get my son out there as well to take advantage of the open area for his learning.
City folk problems... :/

I wanna roll with the fantasy of a TWT buyout...

After we buy it (minor detail) we could operate as a cooperative. Members buy shares in the park.

I got 50 bucks and some pocket lint! Lets do this! I saw they were closing it the other day and if I won the Lotto I'd buy it. I hope the new owner doesn't close it. The good news is that it will take the time to sell.

Maybe getting the Waco Eagles MX guys to buy it as a second property would work. Maintain the trails and expand the MX track that is out by the camp.

Hopefully it will sell and be open fo riding every weekend

Wonder what the revenue stream is. That might determine if it stays open or not.

Expect higher fees.

The revenue stream for the entire business. I doubt they are selling minerals. They may be running cattle to keep the ag valuation which is really significant in my county.

Someone would really have to love dirt bikes and the people who ride them to make a go of it.

Wonder what the revenue stream is. That might determine if it stays open or not.

Expect higher fees.

My educated guess is that the current revenue stream from MX traffic is $417.82 per month. I'm fairly certain that current owners have it open to motorcycles as a passion-play. They themselves like to ride.

I'd have a hard time seeing how anything related to letting people ride MX bikes on your property could equal a respectable revenue stream.

Its a very nice piece of land though. Would hate to see it become off limits.

Thanks
CJB

They do have cattle, no clue how much that can bring in. I figured $600 was probably a good month for them with their current fees. To make it work for motorcycles you'd have to open it more, charge a bit more, offer memberships, make it available for rallies, etc. And you still won't make much profit, if you can even cover the land cost.

Hard to base the $1M+ investment for that kind of revenue. You are all right, it must be a passion play.

In 2007 I think they had memberships about $500 a year

And you could ride anytime

They do have cattle, no clue how much that can bring in.

Most of the cattle ranchers I've met in Fayette County either have a really big property or another job. This is not a really big property. The ranchers in my family made it work, but had three of four sections in operation at any given time. I suspect the real benefit is on the cost side of the equation.

Last edited:
My educated guess is that the current revenue stream from MX traffic is $417.82 per month. I'm fairly certain that current owners have it open to motorcycles as a passion-play. They themselves like to ride.

I'd have a hard time seeing how anything related to letting people ride MX bikes on your property could equal a respectable revenue stream.

Its a very nice piece of land though. Would hate to see it become off limits.

Thanks
CJB

Look at Red River Motorcycle trails. They pretty much used to be all bikes with tons of single track. They have since opened up to 4 wheelers and SXS. 100 for a year membership. You still pay 15 or 20 a bike to ride. Then camping is like another 20, if you want power its more. They have cabins now. If your a non member its more. They have a pretty nice house on the property and have been fixing up the camps. They make some jack. They also run cattle and have oil on it. I've just counted on a busy weekend and the figures quickly add up. They place has gone down hill though IMO in the last 7 years or so since the last enduro. RR is a lot larger though, but still gets a lot traffic.

Last edited:
Back