• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Austin area noob

Revco

Reaction score
Hey folks. New on here, pretty new to riding, but not new to bikes. I've built a handful of jap & euro choppers/bobbers, cafe bikes, and a few HD's. Mostly all 60's-70's stuff, had a Ninja 250 and a cb360 drag bike for a bit as well. But every time I'd ride any of my previous bikes on the highway I'd scare myself back to 4 wheels. Haven't had a bike in a few years so I picked up a little 250cc dual sport and started riding it to work every single day, and have been loving it. I think part of my fear back then was riding with no gear. Now I have all the gear and I think it helps a bit.

I'm actually having withdrawals right now because my chain broke the other day on my way home from work, and I've been working too many hours to have time or energy to throw the new chain and sprockets on. Maybe this week I'll get some time. I'm planning to sell my bike soon and am looking at getting a new CBR500R.

I'm not much of a get together/group ride type of guy, but I'm pretty well versed in all things mechanical, welding, fabrication, electrical, etc. So I hope to share what I know, and pick up info from others on here. Take care.

Last edited:
Welcome to the site! :wave:

I'm not much of a get together/group ride type of guy, but I'm pretty well versed in all things mechanical, welding, fabrication, electrical, etc. So I hope to share what I know, and pick up info from others on here. Take care.

Get a nice dual sport and you might enjoy the group ride thing a bit more ;-) Trail Boss has a great hill country ride scheduled for this fall :flip:

...every time I'd ride any of my previous bikes on the highway I'd scare myself back to 4 wheels.

Maybe you're smarter than the rest of us. :doh: Anyhow, welcome to our brand of insanity. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your work.

Back