• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My New Ride

Dude, the farkles are nice (whatever) but we really want to hear about how it rides.

Put about 120 miles on it. Hoping to get on some nice curvy roads Saturday. I miss this kind of power. It has about the same HP as my Gen2 FZ1 but gobs more torque. The engine is dreamy much like my Tiger's triple. Incredibly smooth and linear power. I just love the engine. Of course the brembo brakes have plenty of stoping power and the Ohlins suspension keep the rubber on the pavement. Now I just need to spend some time thrashing it from side to side down a nice road. :)

Last edited:
Love your new Speed Triple Brad. Could see myself going that way in the future. Are you parting out any of the farkles off of your Tiger before selling it.

This is one of my favorite engines on the planet. I got to spend a few days riding a buddy's around Southern California a while back and fell in love with it. You couldn't have picked a better bike.

Love your new Speed Triple Brad. Could see myself going that way in the future. Are you parting out any of the farkles off of your Tiger before selling it.

Leaving pretty much everything on the tiger. I have nothing to replace the Ohlins I put on it. :)

I did this a few weeks ago but never posted. Belly ban installed and some new Bridgestone S21s installed. I did not like the Pirellis.

12800231_10207134012047462_4686088973757458784_n.jpg

12806066_10207230580981625_4857134218936047249_n.jpg

10262270_10207230581061627_1027658014860179627_n.jpg

Can anyone tell what important part is missing from my speed triple in the very first photo in this thread? I rode 2,000 miles like that before noticing.

Rear axle cotter pin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snapp's suggestion was good. I couldn't tell looking at the photo if it was there or not. After studying the first pic for a few minutes I didn't see anything obvious.

Only other thing i can think of would be aftermarket. Possibly frame sliders?
She's a beaut and i know i would get some.

Ahh. Is it missing the nut?

Shame on me! Lubed the chain 3 times. Washed it 2 times. Installed the bellypan. ....and through all that never noticed. I have gotten to complacent over the years. I need to start looking everything over before every ride.

Nice bike! I also have a 13 Speed Triple SE and I love it, but I'm contemplating trading it for the Africa Twin. I've been craving an adv bike for quite a while.

I had a missing subframe bolt--a pair of sharp eyes spotted its absence after I went belly up in a slick water crossing. The bolt had problee vibrated out a month earlier in Mexico. Oops... Yep easy to get too complacent

A beauty indeed, splendid! I have a 2015 Triumph Street Triple RX. Love the triples.

Back