• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Question about brakes for 2003 XR-80R

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

So I was shopping for new brake pads for the XR-80R and found this page:

http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/oem-parts/HONDA/2003/XR80/FRONT-BRAKE-PANEL

It shows two different pad sets, one with (ASK) and the other with (JB) after the description. Any clue what this means and which one I should order? Price is the same, but one is in stock and the other takes a few days more to get. I am not looking for anything special, just the regular stock brakes.

Best I can tell they are the same just two different providers. They keep them seperated for quality control most likely.

Well, I bought the ones that were about $1 cheaper... :-P

It's an XR80R, so I figure they can't be all that bad or all that great either way.

what drove you to think that it needed new pads?

did you check the front brake adjustment nuts?

:tab Yeah, checked the adjuster. Seems about maxed and the lever pulls almost all the way to the bar before getting any braking effect. I figure for $17, it's not a big deal to just go ahead and change them out. The cost was basically a wash anyway because that put my order for the new handle bar and rear fender over the amount to get free shipping ;-)

Back