• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Technique and Practice

_RG_

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
This goes on a bit but seemed pretty interesting.

[ame="http://youtu.be/4FILFkHr02g"]http://youtu.be/4FILFkHr02g[/ame]

I didn't watch the whole thing. I started each exercise and then skipped to the next one. Lots of good info on here. I should go back and practice some of these.
I would take three exercises and try to practice them all day. You may get good in an hour it may take all day and you don't even practice the other two. But everything they are doing is worth learning and being confident at doing.
Many will shy away at the front end wheelie, it teaches a unique balance that can not be learned other than doing it, again a confidence in the fact that you can make the front end track under heavy braking where ever you want.
Having said that, I admire the skill that his rider was showing. I will only do them in a straight line. :trust:
But most of what he is showing us is worth learning and being proficient at. It will make us better. It's nice that RG found this and we don't have to pay to watch it.
Thanks RG. :thumb:
Sam

Last edited:
That is cool. It is actually a compilation of many videos, each dealing with the individual skill. I watched all the individual videos on the YouTube channel for the guys that make them. It is cool to see them all in one place with all the extra chit chat stuff removed. :thumb:

Any way that you can compress the forks before the obstacle. Sometimes it a slight pressure on the front brake while adding weight to the bars. Sometimes it's finding a small rock in the trail before the log you are trying to get over. By compressing the fork you allow the fork springs to extend just before you reach the log or obstacle. This will lighten the front end and make it easier to wheelie over what ever you are trying to cross.

Sam

Thank you Greeneggs.

I was affraid to hear something like ... It's a natural. You come with it.

Although I still think that must be around 98% true.

RGUERRA.

Back