• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Blown wheel

I don't know what the heck is going on with the email notification. When we did all those tests a while back, it seemed to be working fine. So I left it alone. Now, I don't know if it was a change in the phase of the moon, a sunspot, Trump getting elected, or what, but I am not getting them either!?

I don't know what the heck is going on with the email notification. When we did all those tests a while back, it seemed to be working fine. So I left it alone. Now, I don't know if it was a change in the phase of the moon, a sunspot, Trump getting elected, or what, but I am not getting them either!?

I got the email, but came in just after midnight. I have it set to instant.

35 yr old harness, chaffing? Will look when I remove and replace making sure it don't happen again.
No flames, lots of smoke, Parked next to the gas pump with a full tank of gas and smoke billowing made for a anxious moment or two, had to disconnect the battery to stop the short.
With in a minute the fire department showed up not even looking over at me they where there for a medical emergency about 50 yards from me at the store front, Oh will.

35 yr old harness, chaffing? Will look when I remove and replace making sure it don't happen again.
No flames, lots of smoke, Parked next to the gas pump with a full tank of gas and smoke billowing made for a anxious moment or two, had to disconnect the battery to stop the short.
With in a minute the fire department showed up not even looking over at me they where there for a medical emergency about 50 yards from me at the store front, Oh will.

I was wondering who's green wing that was.

Safely back home!
Special thanks to the gentleman in Roscoe who lead us over to his friend who let us use his shop to jack up the bike and pull the wheel and wail on it with a 20lb sledgehammer.
Thank you to the Christian motorcycle member who checked on us while we were sitting at the truck stop waiting on Brian who dropped what he was doing to drive all the way out to Cisco to pick up Jeff's bike.
Thanks Brian.

I did that to a rear wheel in Oklahoma Two up on the ST1300. Beat the wheel in with a rock out of the ditch enough to hold air.

The air didn't all come out all at once. The tire overheated and all the tread was gone from the sides of the tread with the softer compound.

We road to Mena and then to Russellville the next day to buy a new tire at the Honda shop.

Then rode to Branson, then on to do some twisties around Eureka Springs for a couple days and then back to Fort Worth.

Wound up replacing the wheel with a used one that is still on the bike now.

See you tonight at Ice Cream.

No Such Agency is watching. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Don't know if this will help solve the mystery. When I look at the Road Asst. forum notification, it reflects I can 'unsubscribe'. I go to my 'subscriptions' and that forum is not listed, I was going to see how I had it set to notify me. Don't know if it will help or not!

ps: I vote for queertrons as the problem :)

Last edited:
Almost the same situation happened to me up on Mt Magazine back in the early 2000s..... minus the electrical fire part....

Riding the TDM.... came round a curve & ...... a brick with my name on it!
BUT..... the wheel didnt suffer nearly as much.... never even lost air.....

Nursed the bike back to Waco..then sent the rim off to be straightened.
Rode for many more miles after that

Glad youre ok Leon

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Did that same thing once hitting a peice of concrete that fell off a truck on the interstate. Glad you did not go down.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Back