• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Booga County 11/11

_RG_

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like the forecast is favorable for this Saturday so lets ride motorcycles!

This loop covers a lot of Robertson (Booga) county. It's 225 miles with plenty of gas stops and a pretty good lunch stop for folks who enjoy good burgies.

If it rains this evening (Tuesday) then what little sand there is along the way will be hardly noticeable. :-( It's mostly a lot of gravel and some dirt roads going through a bunch of scenic and historical places. Pavement is kept to a minimum but still unavoidable.

Anyone should be comfortable on this ride. I wouldn't suggest riding FJR road bikes but anything with respectable tread is good to go.

Kicks stands up at 10AM starting from the Mumford school parking lot. It's a good place to leave vehicles if need be. Mumford is in the heart of the Brazos Valley along hwy 50 just up the road from Bryan/College Station. We'll be on dirt immediately so have gas in the tank.

DSCN2258.jpg

DSCN2265.jpg

DSCN2268.jpg

DSCN2266.jpg

DSCN2272.jpg

DSCN2259.jpg

DSCN2260.jpg

DSCN2267.jpg

DSCN2262.jpg

DSCN2273.jpg

Boogas and burgies

Sounds good count me in

Do you have a gpx file for this route. Can’t do it this weekend, but it does look beautiful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I can get away early....not likely since I'm back on nights for work.
Thanks for posting. Hope to make it.

I'm going to try and make it, but will probably have to cut out early. Thanks for posting!

Do you have a gpx file for this route. Can’t do it this weekend, but it does look beautiful.

Sure... I'll post it up after adding a few more waypoints this weekend.

We've had a great rain today (Wednesday) so this weekend should be an ideal time to ride.

Rob, no prob bailing early- being a big loop, you can easily get back to point A pretty quick.

Vinny, hope you can get loose. I have a new phone mount I'd like you to test out for us. It should be suited to off-road stuff. If you can't break at Emma then it's gotta be good to go. :mrgreen: See if I can get a pic of it posted up tomorrow...

Its a two hour ride out there from my place, but I'm planning on making it, RG . Maybe I'll camp out there Sat night if weather permits, and take some of the Lonely Star Loop back on Sunday.

Vinny, here's what the new model looks like. I need you to try and break it for me if you have time to test it out over at Emma. It should hold any size phone securely.

PhoneLock2.jpg

Sure... I'll post it up after adding a few more waypoints this weekend.

We've had a great rain today (Wednesday) so this weekend should be an ideal time to ride.

Rob, no prob bailing early- being a big loop, you can easily get back to point A pretty quick.

Vinny, hope you can get loose. I have a new phone mount I'd like you to test out for us. It should be suited to off-road stuff. If you can't break at Emma then it's gotta be good to go. :mrgreen: See if I can get a pic of it posted up tomorrow...

Thnks, looking forward to riding this route someday.

Enjoyed the ride today. Good meeting RG and Chris. RG, thanks for setting up and leading this ride. Got home with a bit over 354 miles on the odometer.

RG, thanks for leading, really good route. All that after lunch was really excellent. Fall is in the air, awesome.

Yep, a very pleasant day and a much appreciated diversion. Doggone...we saw a lot of deer. Somebody needs to thin the herd around here.

Yep, a very pleasant day and a much appreciated diversion. Doggone...we saw a lot of deer. Somebody needs to thin the herd around here.

We'll be praying for y'all today! And yes, the deer were everywhere, most Ive seen that time of day. Thanks again.

Vinny, here's what the new model looks like. I need you to try and break it for me if you have time to test it out over at Emma. It should hold any size phone securely.

PhoneLock2.jpg

Looking good. Sorry I couldn't get away .

Back