• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New to this list

Reaction score
I just came across a mention of this site on one of the Triumph lists I just joined. I've been riding a Nighthawk 750 around North Texas for some years and just bought a new Triumph Sprint RS. I'm looking forward to info geared to Texas instead of winter storage or California canyons.

Welcome! I had the same problem when I found this place. :-D

Winter storage is known as the closet where venitlated jackets and ventilated gloves go for a month or so around the holiday season. Other than that I have no idea what winter storage is. Texas, the land of the 365 day riding season. :)

Welcome to the list Jmoorse. I've seen a few RSs around here. Too bad Triumph is killing it off next year. I always thought it was a nice bike. Enjoy your new toy. :-D

Whhoooppp....A fellow triple owner! :chug:

We are a rare group in these parts - with you I think that makes (3) Sprint RS owners here.

How do you like the bike? I've had mine almost a year and enjoy it completely, although I wouldn't mind having the few extra HP your 955i has :angryfir:

Done any mods yet? I've added a black hugger, double bubble touring wind screen, skyking sliders, GPS mount and a power plug under the seat.

Oh, and welcome to the board - Hurst is a little far for a day ride but maybe we can hook up when I'm in your neck of the woods.

Here is a look at my ride

Good to have ya, Jeff. 8)

Seems the Sprint RS/ST contingent may yet achieve critical mass here! :wink:

Have a question for you and vessmech about the RS: What's your opinion of the ergo's of this bike? I think it's pretty darn good overall, but sometimes it feels like the tank could be an inch or two shorter so that you could scoot up towards the bars a little. I've got pretty long (35") arms, so I wonder what someone with a more normal build thinks. Either of you guys fall into that category?

Jeff,

For DFW area riding, you might check into the TSBA also. They just finished a trip out to Big Bend last weekend, and I think they are planning another trip later this month. Several of the riders with TSBA are on more "travel friendly" bikes like FJRs and the sort, so I don't think you'd be out of place in the group just because you don't ride an R1.

About the only time I'm not out riding around here is usually February after we've gotten our ice storm of the year. There's usually enough sand left on the roads after that until we get the first few good rains the wash it off. Other than the sand issue that we create for ourselves, it's great year round riding weather here.

Charlie

Scratch,

Those are some long arms! :eek: Any chance you play for the Rockets?

I'm 5' 11" with arm lenth of 26" and find the ergos just right - no problem with the tank position. I do wish the foot pegs were slightly further back and up as I find myself riding tipy toe on them at times. However this has the effect of my right heel coming in contact with the exhaust can which is a bad thing. :| I'm keeping my eyes open for rear sets that will fit the bike.

When I first bought the bike I was toying with the idea of installing the spacers for the clip on handlebars to get a more upright riding position. But I came to like the stock position and now find it strange to ride friends bikes where you sit in a more upright position - it does not feel like you have as much control of the bike.

Any ideas on how the bodies CG relative to the bikes CG impacts handeling? :?

The other bike I was looking at to purchase was the SV1000S, but its riding position was waaay to agressive - glad I didnt as some of the reviews in the mags have not been kind. :(

Vessmech

Any ideas on how the bodies CG relative to the bikes CG impacts handeling?

:tab The higher the CG of the combined rider/bike system, the more you have to lean for a given corner. Also, the more effort it will take to get the bike transitioned from one turn to the next. You are effectively having to move the mass through a longer distance when you lift the bike up out of a turn and lay it into the next turn. Also, it will make it easier to wheelie and stoppie :P

Adios,

No stoppies. Wheelies only unintentionally ;-)

Adios,

Back