• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HUD Helmet Coming Soon - Maybe

Well, it's a cool product. And it begs the question - do you want to get away from it all, or take it with you? It may depend on where, when, and why you're riding.

I'm sorry. The engineer in me thinks "cool". Than I argue with myself about sensory overload and the reason I ride.

Most reliable, fixed. Next, mechanical. Way down the list is computer augmented.

I have gauges, and mirrors. I can read a map, and remember 2 turns ahead.

Its interesting, but that's about it for me. I'm more worried about the other idiots out there, and this won't address them, at least without tactical anti tank guns.

Larry
VFRrider

GPS-loaded helmet offers easier trip for motorcyclists

"An Android-based motorcycle helmet with GPS and voice-control has won the confidence of project supporters. The company is preparing to roll out its creation next year. Russian startup Livemap is behind this tech helmet with its built-in navigation."

http://phys.org/news/2014-12-gps-loaded-helmet-easier-motorcyclists.html

Last edited:
The 14.7 million ruble government grant may not be enough to bring this to production based on the drop in the ruble's value.

I agree this sounds really cool, but for nothing I can use the GPS on my phone. It just means occasional stops (to be safe).

I have a Russian night scope and if it is any representation of what we can expect from the Russians, I won't hold my breath. The Russian night vision is not very good at all.

I wouldn't use it. Just too much 'stuff'.
It would take the 'fun' away it seems to me.

Just don't really understand the ones that have to ride with music.

Back