• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SHARK Evoline Absolute Modular Motorcycle Helmet

DaveC

Reaction score
First Name
David
Last Name
Carter
Has anyone tried this helmet?
shark_evoline_blksil_MD.jpg

It is the best of both worlds and it self stores. When it is hot and the ride slow a 3/4 open face, when it is cold or the trucks are tossing gravel it is a full face. Slide down sun visor, one handed operation, opens on the fly. How is the ventilation, cold and hot?!
Man I want to get this helmet!

How's life in Hutto? I bought an Evoline 2 Wayer 2 months ago and really like it. I rode 1100 miles last weekend in weather from 47 deg in the morning to 95 in the afternoon. Great helmet for both and it's quieter than the Nolan I had before.

check with jthompson. he has (or had) one. I tried one on in the store, but it was the wrong shape for my head.

I have one and enjoy it for the reasons you listed. I dont' have a problem with ventilation in hot weather in it. In cold weather it leaks a lot, especially around the faceshield unless you seat it down good.

As stated earlier, they are an odd shape. Mine fits alright, I have a hot-spot on my forehead after about 1.5 hours of having it on. Just have to reseat it a bit to get rid of it. I've worn the helmet for three hour rides.

If you want one, get it now, they are in short supply. I snagged one but have not worn it yet.

I've got one and really like it. It's great to start out with the lid open, always having the ability to flip it closed to quiet things down or gain that added protection. The chin bar isn't one of those totally hollow ones like some modular helmets, but it also isn't quite as padded as "real" full face helmets either. As a glasses-wearer, this helmet allows me to get it on and off without removing my glasses, and the sun visor means I don't need to switch to sun-glasses.

The one thing that's a little odd about it is the balance of the helmet when open. I really only notice it after riding for a while with the chinbar down, but in those cases, the added weight at the back of my head feels a little odd. Not bad, but takes some getting used to. It also looks less than cool when open, but I look less than cool most of the time, so no harm done :).

I have an Xl in silver I'd make you a heck of a deal on- too heavy for me. Worn about 20 hrs. I can take it to Arkansas for the Epic ride Labor Day weekend.

I tried one at Cycle Gear. Seemed kinda flimsy in my hands. I went with another Nolan. I ride with the chin bar up from time to time with no problems behind the windshield on the Ultra Classic. The only modular helmet that fit my head better was the Shuberth which was twice the $$ of the Nolan 103. Got a great deal at Moto Liberty in San Antone.

Back