• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Recently Retired and up for adventure rides

Reno

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Sprissler
4ce4c7669acd2efdc495423f177f3c6a.jpg

Hi,
Retired in Sept and ready to do some adventure rides. Pretty excited to find the Texas Adventure Riders Association! I typically take a two week ride with my buddies from Wisconsin and California, all camping no hotels, typically cover about 5k miles in two weeks.

Looking forward to the Austin adventure ride ( I live in Austin ). Also would like to join the Medina 250 with the San Antonio chapter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Once you start doing some rides, I will be interesting to see how long it takes you to either replace the GS or buy an additional bike ;-) I put 40K+ adventure miles on my 1150 GS and absolutely loved that bike. But like many other adventure riders, I have drifted toward lighter and more off road capable bikes. I did not get rid of the GS by choice. We had another kid. At the time, I had a KLR 650 as well. Now I have a 1200 GS on which I love taking my kids riding out on back roads and a KTM 530 EXC for the more "technical" adventure rides. I just missed my 1150 too much to not have another GS in the garage :-P

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Once you start doing some rides, I will be interesting to see how long it takes you to either replace the GS or buy an additional bike ;-) I put 40K+ adventure miles on my 1150 GS and absolutely loved that bike. But like many other adventure riders, I have drifted toward lighter and more off road capable bikes. I did not get rid of the GS by choice. We had another kid. At the time, I had a KLR 650 as well. Now I have a 1200 GS on which I love taking my kids riding out on back roads and a KTM 530 EXC for the more "technical" adventure rides. I just missed my 1150 too much to not have another GS in the garage :-P

Waiting for the Ténéré 700 World RAID my friend[emoji846]. I am hoping that it stays the same as the prototype.

Welcome to the forum.

And you are welcome to join any ride that strikes your fancy!

Thank you! I love the Medina area. Headed out to do the Twisted Sisters tomorrow[emoji846]. Just a quick out and back, same day.

You're right! I love retirement already!

Back