• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Not so new, new guy from Magnolia

Knight

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Knight
Hey folks, thought I'd just introduce myself. I've been a member of the forum since 2012, but sold my bike and focus more time on flying. Well I'm back on two wheels and have the adventure bug big time!

Hello and welcome...if you do any street riding come see us in Brenham...we have some great curvy roads out here...

welcome, rk etc., and what are you riding?

btw, we lived in your neck of the woods awhile back-stagecoach, for 4.5 years. head up to sam's national forest, if you haven't done so yet, and have some pretty fun.

welcome, rk etc., and what are you riding?

btw, we lived in your neck of the woods awhile back-stagecoach, for 4.5 years. head up to sam's national forest, if you haven't done so yet, and have some pretty fun.

Thanks! Yes sorry, I need to figure out how to change my forum name. I had a house in RockPort (last name is Knight) at the time I registered in 2012... hence the name.

I have a 2015 BMW R1200GS I bought with 800 miles on it from Miami. I had this fantasy of flying out, pick it up and riding it down to Key West with my wife across the aqua blue water, then drop her off at the airport and ride it home.

So that's what we did... but it was the worst weather I've been in (regardless of vehicle type) in a long time. Basically a tropical storm with 50+ knot gusting winds on the bridges, wall of water rain, etc (you get the picture). We made it down and back, got my wife to the airport (cold and miserable) and I rode back. About 10 miles North of Miami the weather turned into beautiful blue sky and cool temps, so it was a great trip back! So basically my ride on the bike was a 1500 mile all weather test! The bike did well (better than I can say for my rear).

I bought TourTech panniers I brought with me and added there, and have a Saddleman seat on order. Otherwise it's about perfect.

Thanks! Yes sorry, I need to figure out how to change my forum name. I had a house in RockPort (last name is Knight) at the time I registered in 2012... hence the name.

I have a 2015 BMW R1200GS I bought with 800 miles on it from Miami. I had this fantasy of flying out, pick it up and riding it down to Key West with my wife across the aqua blue water, then drop her off at the airport and ride it home.

So that's what we did... but it was the worst weather I've been in (regardless of vehicle type) in a long time. Basically a tropical storm with 50+ knot gusting winds on the bridges, wall of water rain, etc (you get the picture). We made it down and back, got my wife to the airport (cold and miserable) and I rode back. About 10 miles North of Miami the weather turned into beautiful blue sky and cool temps, so it was a great trip back! So basically my ride on the bike was a 1500 mile all weather test! The bike did well (better than I can say for my rear).

I bought TourTech panniers I brought with me and added there, and have a Saddleman seat on order. Otherwise it's about perfect.

There is a thread around here somewhere about requesting name changes, but you can just post what you want here and either one of the other admins or I will get it. Or send a Personal Message to me with what you want.

no, no mr knight. don't apologize and use whatever name you want. i was just being lazy. ;-)

oh, and nice ride and pickup gumption!

Thanks! And if you ever need an impulsive plan under estimated, I'm your man!
:) I promise I'm better at planning flights.

That sig pic of yours is similar to my first ride, red orange, the only bike I still wish I had, lol

Last edited:
Welcome aboard....your close enough to Anderson & Carlos to meet at Yankees tavern in Carlos. A nice scenic ride for you. Hit me up some time & I'll meet u there. I go at least once a week...
:pirate:

That'd be great! Haven't been to Yankees. What day of the week are you usually there?

I usually run over about lunchtime or mid afternoon on a Tue or Wed. I'm retired so it depends on whats happening that day. Just message or email me & I can make a run. Its about 30 to 35 minutes for me. Maybe just a bit longer for you. 1774 to Anderson and 244 to Carlos is a beautiful ride !

Back