• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Wintering in the great state of Texas

Reaction score
Caring for my ailing mother and will be in the Bryan/College Station area all winter. Rode my 950 Sooper E down from Vermont so I'd have my therapist with me. :rider:

Found out about this site from a guy at Yankees.

Looking to meet up with new people and burn some rubber and kick up some dust. I already see some familiar user names from other sites I frequent, so maybe I'll get to put a face to those names while I'm here.

I like long rides on the beach, curvy roads, and technical terrain but as long as I'm on 2 wheels I'm having fun. :sun:

Have gear, will camp. Thinking about heading down toward Veracruz in mid Feb for a getaway. Definitely gonna check out Big Bend at some point as well. :flip:

12191079_10208049654347299_8738107027128011479_n.jpg

Welcome to TWT. Hope your mother gets feeling better. We do a bunch of ride to eat events around here. A site sponsored pie run and other gatherings held all over Texas. We do try to camp once a month also. You must ride "the sisters" while you are here. KP

We've got the curvy roads on your list here in Brenham about 40 minutes from College Station...we ride every weekend (weather permitting)...invite yourself out any weekend...

We've got the curvy roads on your list here in Brenham about 40 minutes from College Station...we ride every weekend (weather permitting)...invite yourself out any weekend...

And Bluebell!!!! You got a thread on rides somewhere? If the dirty tires don't make it by this weekend, I might be interested in joining you on the twisties.

We will probably ride this weekend...it should warm up enough by then it appears...

And Bluebell!!!! You got a thread on rides somewhere? If the dirty tires don't make it by this weekend, I might be interested in joining you on the twisties.

Bluebell hasn't brought the good stuff back yet (Southern Blackberry Cobbler, Pecan Praline, and Chocolate Covered Cherry) so my waistline had a chance to recover a bit . . . but Kroger's Private Selection CHOCOLATE selections thwarted that!

There'll likely be one or more riding campouts at Ghost Rancho before Winter's over and, relying on past such events, you'll likely wake up with ice on your tent, and if you like steep caliche steps up from a non-paved water crossing, Ghost and/or BigDaveGS can show you where they are. It was only 28degF that night and fortunately the wind died as the sun went down. That was weekend b/4 last. Thread down in Dual Sport Silliness, HERE

:welcome:

Last edited:
We will probably ride this weekend...it should warm up enough by then it appears...

Nice, I'll be in touch as the weekend approaches and I get some shipping info on parts I've ordered, etc.

There'll likely be one or more riding campouts at Ghost Rancho before Winter's over and, relying on past such events, you'll likely wake up with ice on your tent, and if you like steep caliche steps up from a non-paved water crossing, Ghost and/or BigDaveGS can show you where they are.
:welcome:

I'll keep my eyes peeled for another Ghost Rancho event, sounds like my cup of tea. 28 will make me feel at home. . . :lol2:

You will like Rancho Ghost. He is a great host. There are several TWT members that let us camp out at their place/land. More coming once it turns spring.

I'm that guy from Yankees. Glad you found your way to the site.

Welcome to Texas, you will love it, particularly during our harsh winter...

Careful riding with Morgstang, he's famous for his fast pace! :trust:

Postal service claims they'll have my dirty tires to me by tomorrow so if that holds true, I'll be joining Tourmeister in the Davy Crockett NF this weekend. But I'll link up with the Brenham boys for some twisty action in the near future.

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody!

I've heard of that place, but can't recall specifically from whom . . .

This might refresh your memory.:lol2:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93S_l0qZrXA"]I heard it through the grapevine - Creedence - YouTube[/ame]

Back