• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New to west Texas!

CKill

Reaction score
I'm new to west Texas and this site as well. I ride an 05 KLR650. I'm excited to see what Texas had to offer as far as dual sport riding goes. I've been thinking about doing the Tex-Mex ride. Any information our advice would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to TWT. What brings you to Big Spring? I bought gas there a buncho times when I lived in El Paso & frequently visited Arlington.

Welcome. I am not too far down the road in San Angelo. Maybe we can catch a ride sometime.

Welcome to Texas and TWT! :wave:

For fun DS riding, you are ideally situated between the Texas Hill Country, the Big Bend area, and the Lincoln National Forest back to the West in New Mexico. Cloudcroft is load with great riding for a KLR. In addition to the Big Bend NP, there is the Big Bend Ranch & State Park.

True dat. Cloudcroft is under 300 miles away, and has some of the finest riding - dirt, street, or combined - that you can find anywhere. And complete with dazzling scenery, up in the Lincoln National Forest.

From my El Paso days, my memory is that there were dusty, sandy, and accessible ranch roads running everywhere. Not much in the way of scenery, but a blast on a bike. Long before I owned my first dirt bike, I went out there in my crappy little skinny-tired French car and had fun going sideways a lot. Hope that sort of stuff is still available.

Back