• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Back on two wheels.

pacman

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
After a much-longer-than-planned hiatus.

I sold my last bike, a Honda Blackbird, in 2009 :eek2: planning to replace it with something else right away.......8 years later I finally have. 2011 Kawasaki Concours 14.

I see a lot of familiar names on the board. Looking forward to reconnecting.

Who has the best prices on tires these days?

Let me know if this pic doesn't show up. I'm using Google Photos now and I'm not sure how the hotlinking works just yet.

8Y707psmdo_S_LEUxUTWyQgv7xZ7WCY1YVMQ46g9ciUqeMsq1Ug9spRBCgoLrb1wGzNfKD_-HnucbE9isqs=w920-h631-no.jpg

It's been eight years...!? No freaking way :eek2:

I figured raising all those kids probably got the best of you :-P

Glad to see you are back in the saddle again :thumb:

Welcome back!

Welcome back. I think we met when I lived in Fort Worth 2006-2008. I too was off bikes for awhile(due to wreck) and found my way back.

That Concours looks sweet. Nice seat on it too!

welcome back maybe we can have burleson and beyond rides again .you and rel sure had some good routes.see ya tony d:rider::rider:

Good looking bike, should eat the miles and be fun in the twisties I'm sure. Do those seats feel as good as they look?

As for tires, are you looking for a place to buy them that will mount them or are you going to mount them yourself. Definitely different results depending. Lately I seem to find the best deals at jakewilson.com on my tires. If it isn't them, they are usually within a few dollars so I still order from there as I've had good experiences with them.

Welcome back. I think we met when I lived in Fort Worth 2006-2008. I too was off bikes for awhile(due to wreck) and found my way back.

That Concours looks sweet. Nice seat on it too!

Thanks!

Yes, we did meet. The bike came with some a few nice farkles! That seat has a magical butt warmer.

welcome back maybe we can have burleson and beyond rides again .you and rel sure had some good routes.see ya tony d:rider::rider:

Those were some great rides with The General. I need to touch base with him and see if he's still riding.

Good looking bike, should eat the miles and be fun in the twisties I'm sure. Do those seats feel as good as they look?

As for tires, are you looking for a place to buy them that will mount them or are you going to mount them yourself. Definitely different results depending. Lately I seem to find the best deals at jakewilson.com on my tires. If it isn't them, they are usually within a few dollars so I still order from there as I've had good experiences with them.

Thanks!

I'll probably change them myself. Seems pretty straight forward on the Connie. I'll check out jakewilson. I seem to remember ordering from the a few years back.

Welcome back, the Burleson Mafia is gone. The Tarrant Co. Mafia is gone.
Only memories remain. :doh:

So much time has gone by, I am on a bagger now.:doh:

Tires? I usually go to Motorcycle Superstore.

Ride safe.

Good to hear from you Sharkey. As they say, the only constant in this world is change....

Good to see your name pop up again. I'm Mike, I'm up off 1187 and used to post by MBrew. I figured your kids were taking up a lot of time. Are you still at the hospital? Most of the people that used to post from Burleson have moved on for one reason or another.

For tires I find that no one in particular has the best prices consistently. I've bought the front at one place and the rear at another and saved 20 bucks or so by doing it. It seems to change every time I shop. I think you'll enjoy the Concours. Welcome back.

Last edited:
Welcome!! Awesome looking bike!!!
It's a little drivebut.....I've always gotten my tires and had them mounted at Central Texas Powersports, why?? Locally owned by a gentleman named Steve Littlefield and his wife, and they have always been the consistently lowest on prices, and the staff is amazing!
Call and ask for Brad in Parts, and tell him Tom Lyle sent you!

Good to see your name pop up again. I'm Mike, I'm up off 1187 and used to post by MBrew. I figured your kids were taking up a lot of time. Are you still at the hospital? Most of the people that used to post from Burleson have moved on for one reason or another.

For tires I find that no one in particular has the best prices consistently. I've bought the front at one place and the rear at another and saved 20 bucks or so by doing it. It seems to change every time I shop. I think you'll enjoy the Concours. Welcome back.
Great to hear from you Mike. I remember that tech day we had at your place all those years ago. Great fun!

Yes, kids have been a main focus, as well as work. I am still at Huguley, but now in the cardiac cath lab. I'm probably working more hours than ever, but I just decided I needed something for me again.

It sounds like maybe there are enough folks still around that we could scrape together a meet or ride, or both!

pacman

Welcome!! Awesome looking bike!!!
It's a little drivebut.....I've always gotten my tires and had them mounted at Central Texas Powersports, why?? Locally owned by a gentleman named Steve Littlefield and his wife, and they have always been the consistently lowest on prices, and the staff is amazing!
Call and ask for Brad in Parts, and tell him Tom Lyle sent you!
Thanks! I'll be sure to check them out. I'm always looking for a reason to ride to the Hill Country.

pacman

Back