• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bandit In San Marcos

Reaction score
I had another account on here but couldn't remember which email address I used, but my name is John and I just bought a 98 Bandit 1200s with only 12k miles on it.

I've had a couple bikes over the last few years and this will be my third. My first was a VStar 650 and my second was a 75 CB750. I havent gotten to see my new bike yet. I found it on CL in New Mexico and sent my dad to get it. He has been tuning it up for me. I don't know too much about it yet. But the pictures look nice, my dads friends are bike people and theyve given it a clean bill of health, so I am excited. I've never ridden that big of a bike or a sporty bike but I did all my research and it fits my requirements.

I am a student at Texas State, about to graduate and go teach in Korea. I was just tired of riding my bicycle everywhere. I dont think I need to explain to anyone here why having a bike is important.

I am taking a greyhound down to El Paso Thursday to pick it up then I will ride it back, weather permitting. No backup plans at this point, just hoping weather is nice... I feel bad wishing that though because we need the rain.

Attachments

• 308526_10150321445577408_705657407_8414494_644948705_n.jpg
    308526_10150321445577408_705657407_8414494_644948705_n.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
I had another account on here but couldn't remember which email address I used, but my name is John and I just bought a 98 Bandit 1200s with only 12k miles on it.

I've had a couple bikes over the last few years and this will be my third. My first was a VStar 650 and my second was a 75 CB750. I havent gotten to see my new bike yet. I found it on CL in New Mexico and sent my dad to get it. He has been tuning it up for me. I don't know too much about it yet. But the pictures look nice, my dads friends are bike people and theyve given it a clean bill of health, so I am excited. I've never ridden that big of a bike or a sporty bike but I did all my research and it fits my requirements.

I am a student at Texas State, about to graduate and go teach in Korea. I was just tired of riding my bicycle everywhere. I dont think I need to explain to anyone here why having a bike is important.

I am taking a greyhound down to El Paso Thursday to pick it up then I will ride it back, weather permitting. No backup plans at this point, just hoping weather is nice... I feel bad wishing that though because we need the rain.
Welcome Johnny! I hope your new bike gets wet! :lol2: :clap:

Welcome to the site! :wave:

We do actually have some members here that are in South Korea. I think they are B1250 owners. The MEGA thread in the Bandit subforum tends to attract folks from all over the planet!

Are you gonna keep the bike when you head to Korea, or just ride it for now and sell it when you leave?

Aww, you'll be fine!

10 is no problem in bad weather, just wait for 20 minutes or so for the rain to wash the major crud off the road. Winds might also give you a wake-up. :-P

You planning on riding back Friday? Or are you coming back over the weekend?

just sold my bandit, good bike give it a little respect and care. they are solid machines.good luck.:rider:

I am going to be in San Marcos either Friday or Saturday seeing my Great Nephew. Maybe we can have lunch? Shoot me a note.

And great looking bike.

...I found it on CL in New Mexico and sent my dad to get it. He has been tuning it up for me...

'Ya mean your dad was gracious enough to do you a favor. Though you may have found a few more miles on the bike that when he first picked it up. You know, just to make sure it's working right, you gotta put a few miles on it.:trust:

Welcome to the site. I guess you'll be needing somebody to keep your Bandit and drive it every day so that it doesn't get lonely while you're in Korea. It's a sacrifice, but...

Just kidding. Sounds like a great overseas opportunity.

Well, some of us are closer to San Marcos...:-P

Post up if you know when you are showing up, I'd be interested in meeting up with you for lunch... not that we are obsessed with food around here or anything.:eat:

(or stalking... too much too soon? :lol2:)

Thanks for the welcome guys. I had a pretty good ride. I havent done a long ride in several years. And that was only 5 hours. This one ended up being around 14 with all my detours and stops.

I realized that I stopped more than was necessary to take in the scenery. That ride is much quicker in a car but much more stressful.

I have noticed a few things about the bike. It takes a while to start, so I plan on checking the spark plugs, coils and carbs. And its developed a scraping noise which I think is the front left brake being put on improperly when I got my tires mounted. I have a mid term thursday though so all that has to wait til the weekend.

Back