• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Content, Tx

Reaction score
Content1806.jpg

Content1806HistoricalMkr.jpg

Yes, there is a bullet hole in the historical marker.

I cannot, at this time, give the location. It is also a photo tag with another group and, until someone tags it, location is up to them to find it. Please DO NOT post the location here or I'll refrain from posting any GT's on this forum.

Since he hasn't logged in since 4/2013, but does this help? http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hrc88

And this is from the searchable state atlas:

Marker Number: 1042
Marker Title: Content
Index Entry: Content, Townsite of
Address: FM 382 at Content townsite
City: Content
County: Runnels
UTM Zone: 14
UTM Easting: 430558
UTM Northing: 3544491
Subject Codes: ghost towns
Year Marker Erected: 1966
Designations: na
Marker Location: from Winters take FM 1770 east about 12 miles then go north about 3 miles on FM 382, then take CR east about 1 mile to Content townsite
Marker Size: 18" x 28"
Marker Text: Named because of contentment of this valley. Founded 1881 by Dan W. Hale. Michael C. Bright, 1882 settler, early county commissioner, had a general store at this site. Family worked for progress of the area. Renamed "Tokeen," town bypassed by railroad in 1909. Post office was discontinued in 1916.

I looked for it on google maps, but couldn't pinpoint the exact location. I saw another view of the cemetery sign and it had a building in the picture that I thought might be easy to locate on google, but no luck.

I got the ball park though.

Back