• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Houston Co. 3 1/4 Adventure - 11/26/16

Alas, family matters require my attention. I'm out...

I have been mounting new aux led lights till now. Better be worth it. See you guys tomorrow.

Hey guys. I'm running 10 minutes late. Had problem loading my bike. Almost tipped it over. Just to make sure, this is the address of Walmart we're meeting at?
1225 E Loop 304, Crockett, TX 75835

Had a blast! Thanks again everyone for the help with my flat, I really appreciate it. I've got a patch kit, better tire spoons (the ones we were successful with), and a bottle to put some lube in on order. I'll be better prepared next time!

I had a great time too. Met a great group of people and thoroughly enjoyed a full day of riding. Thanks to RG for putting this ride together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. Had a blast. We wanna post pictures in here or there will be a report topic?

Thanks for letting me tag along. Big fun and thankful for a friendly property owner!.

Great Ride. Thanks to RG for putting this together and planing the route. The over night camping was perfect & following days ride was grand.

I didn't do many photos, but here are a few.....

IMG_1186-L.jpg

IMG_1203-L.jpg

IMG_1202-L.jpg

IMG_1184-L.jpg

IMG_1188-L.jpg

IMG_1194-L.jpg

IMG_1201-L.jpg

IMG_1191-L.jpg

IMG_1196-L.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks RG. Great weather, ride, company and conditions. The recent rains and those few sections of mud were welcomed and much preferable to fighting deep sand all day. Perfect compromise, manageable sand and manageable mud.

_

On day two north of DCNF we hit what would have been the nastiest of the sand and the ugliest of the mud. However, that sand was perfectly packed and mud had just dried. Perfect timing.

We are on e a deer lease in Fred. I may have to trailer the DRZ to the lease and ride out and try this loop! Seems pretty darn fun...

We are on e a deer lease in Fred. I may have to trailer the DRZ to the lease and ride out and try this loop! Seems pretty darn fun...

You might want to check with RG first, there was at least 1 private road that we were fortunate enough the hunters were friendly and allowed us through by opening the locked gate on exit side.

You might want to check with RG first, there was at least 1 private road that we were fortunate enough the hunters were friendly and allowed us through by opening the locked gate on exit side.

You know, when that guy said they have this problem pretty often it made me wonder. I think we may have a map error. That road is marked as Best Rd. - a county road. Clearly, it isn't. He was as cordial as anyone could have been. Good East Texas folks.

I've gone back and reworked the track to avoid that section. New files attached to post #1 and in the GPS files thread.

Thanks and I'm grateful to him for being nice!! Sad thing that was a fun road!!

It's a fun and challenging ride. Your DRZ is ideal for this. Gather up a few moto buds and go ride it while the leaves are turning.

We lucked into "Goldilocks" conditions as folks have already mentioned. Weather, sand and clay was as good as it gets. Great group and an enjoyable ride. I hope y'all find similar conditions.

Go HERE to download the latest GPX file version.

Did you guys pack tents and sleeping bags on your dual sports? How about stuff for dinner?

Did you guys pack tents and sleeping bags on your dual sports? How about stuff for dinner?

Yes. Lunch can happen in Pennington but diner and breakfast- at the park- is a bring your own kind of thing. Not really much at all within reasonable riding distance. If you've done moto camping you already know how different a loaded motorcycle rides. Y'all enjoy. :sun:

Yes. Lunch can happen in Pennington but diner and breakfast- at the park- is a bring your own kind of thing. Not really much at all within reasonable riding distance. If you've done moto camping you already know how different a loaded motorcycle rides. Y'all enjoy. :sun:

Hey, RG I know you snapped some photos too. Don't be shy, share them with us. :rider:

Been there

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1480886610477.jpg
    FB_IMG_1480886610477.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 189
Back