• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SETEX 200 December 10th

If I can might even get out Friday for a visual of a few points along the route. Rain was extremely varied. Some areas got 12 inches on Saturday and others only 20 miles away not even 2 inches. What fell to the south in Silvsbee might be completely different to the north in Colmesneil.

But I'll say I'm in either way. But if wheel stop turning gumbo mud I'll be detouring around it.
_

Keep us posted if you push the date. I'm in Europe until Wensdeay, December the 14th. I would like to join if I'm there when it happenes.

Looks like some of that "wheel stop turning gumbo" could be in the cards for this weekend...

I think I am going to have to push it back fellas. I apologize, but I am still waiting on a boss to be welded back onto my subframe that broke off. My bud that has a tig welder hasn't had a chance to do it yet. Any other tentative dates work for y'all?

I think I am going to have to push it back fellas. I apologize, but I am still waiting on a boss to be welded back onto my subframe that broke off. My bud that has a tig welder hasn't had a chance to do it yet. Any other tentative dates work for y'all?

Best for you to just pick and announce the date you want and let the other riders join along as they can. If you poll for dates you'll never get a consensus.

I'm still planning to go scout a few points on the route tomorrow afternoon. I'll post back my findings and might still be riding it on Saturday as scheduled.

_

I've gotten an invite to go visit a friend's property out near Iola this Saturday, and I think I'll go for that this weekend. I'll try for the reschedule date!

Best for you to just pick and announce the date you want and let the other riders join along as they can. If you poll for dates you'll never get a consensus.

I'm still planning to go scout a few points on the route tomorrow afternoon. I'll post back my findings and might still be riding it on Saturday as scheduled.

_

Alrighty, makes sense..

Sweet let us know! Safe travels!

Silverbullet, if you make lunch tomorrow, we can discuss Saturday, or if you want to check out Cycleland would be a good weekend to do it.

Silverbullet, if you make lunch tomorrow, we can discuss Saturday, or if you want to check out Cycleland would be a good weekend to do it.
Yes I plan to swing by Colmesneil, Moscow, etc before the BBQ so should know. Then checking out the FS roads around SHNF on the way home as leading a newbie ride there on Sunday. If Sunday's ride cancelled I would love to check out CL. We'll talk.

_

SHNF trails will be closed I imagine but as far as your dirt roads go should be great by then.

What is Cycleland? I can't seem to find much info on it...

Last edited:
What is Cycleland? I can't seem to find much info on it...

Private off-road park outside Nacogdoches. 60 miles of one way trails. For this area pretty challenging terrain.

Membership only, renews in October. Limited to 120 families. There is some amount of waiting list.

Guessing no ride on the 10th?!
Sorry I forgot to post last night. I had a couple work demands come up that cant wait till Monday so I cant ride. I think I was the only committed rider left anyway.

FYI, I touched on plenty of dirt roads ~50 miles away from the route yesterday and conditions were perfect. No mud, no standing water, no dust and sand was packed well. Might not be that perfect on the SETEX route but I can guarantee from that it wont be unrideable or nasty...just cold.

_

Sorry fellas. Bike is still out of commission..

With Christmas right around the corner, how about the second weekend of January or so?

Back