• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lone Star Loop (2,180 DS loop)

I see your updated loop here but all are in .gdb files. I'm not a Garmin user (my GPS doesn't recognize .gdb) or experienced in BaseCamp. I was able to download and view in BaseCamp but see that the tracks are split up into a couple dozen segments.

How do I get the entire loop into a single continuous track .gpx file? I don't need waypoints, gas, food or hotel markers.

_

Won't BaseCamp export them to GPX? If not look at GPS Visualizer on the internet.

Won't BaseCamp export them to GPX? If not look at GPS Visualizer on the internet.
BaseCamp shows the .gpx components of the route. Problem is there are two dozen files. I don't know how to stitch them together without creating a route.

_

BaseCamp shows the .gpx components of the route. Problem is there are two dozen files. I don't know how to stitch them together without creating a route.

As much as I didn't want to dick around with BaseCamp, appears I was successful. That software is ridiculous, how is it nobody has came along and knocked Garmin off their pedestal yet? Here's my output file, appears to be correct. I will be planning to schedule this ride into my dance card soon. Will be accelerating the number of days somewhat though.

_

Attachments

• Lone Star Loop.gpx
    1.3 MB · Views: 490
Thanks Silver Bullet. I'll check this out!

You're welcome but if you have a Garmin gps unit you'll be better off using jerrybo's files as much more info included there. Mine is just tracks only to be compatible with my $6.49 gps.

_

I just started riding the loop today, jumped on it at Castell after lunch and made it to Junction before dark. Fun ride! I will be riding counterclockwise up through Bastrop over the next couple of days...see how far I get by Friday before turning for home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only took two today...tomorrow I'll have the GoPro on.
3cb05a75f675c4b1ba06ee4450985337.jpg
fdf136a1de564639393606c08ecc4da7.jpg

TWT'er jerrybo has completed the loop in 12 days. He was nice enough to share his ride report in this thread, posts 109-133. :clap:

Jerrybo, thanks for this rIde! Texas may not have the spectacular scenery of the BDRs, and the roads not quite as challenging, but this is a great route. Kinda "BDR-lite". My favorite part so far is from Rock Springs to Leakey, especially CR 350. I learned to appreciate bumper gates compared to getting off the bike each time, and I have a new respect for low water crossing after flopping in the water twice!https://vimeo.com/197347657Hopefully the video plays...I thought it was pretty funny!

158fbe86d26bb0ecaf428982bedc1514.jpg
My first time down today.

Okay, that was funny. I much prefer experiencing that from a Go-Pro than inside my own helmet. Thanks for sharing.

wish I had a dollar everytime the front tire washed on me!
Looks like fun!

HobbitRider, those moss covered crossing are some kinda slick. I put my boots down in the water and used them like out-riggers. Glad you survived to tell the tale!

Who Wants to ride this route with me this spring?

When in the spring? I've got spring break coming up next month. I plan on riding it in the early summer but may move it up to spring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When in the spring? I've got spring break coming up next month. I plan on riding it in the early summer but may move it up to spring

If took the week of the 23rd off.

If took the week of the March 23rd off.

I meant to post the updated GPS files but have been busy and haven't been on the forum. I', attaching the master file and the 3 segment files that are up to date and are 100% verified. Also, I included the .kmz file to view in Google Earth.

I don't know how much of it we'll get to, but I've downloaded 900+ miles of this to the gps and my son and I (and the dog) are going to ride some. I've inverted the route, I've been on the east side of Austin to Houston so we're going to start in Bastrop and head out. We'll drive until either I get tired of driving or I think we need to get home. We may stay in a hotel for the night and come back or just hotfoot it home tomorrow night.

I wanted to do a road trip for the day and take pictures, so we'll see where it takes us. Got to go to bed, 5 A.M. will be early!:mrgreen:

Oh, we'll be in the car ofcourse, the dog doesn't have a class M license yet.

Last edited:
Back