• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mesh Pant Zipper repair in Houston

Reaction score
First Name
Judson
Last Name
Crowder
I am looking for any suggestions on fixing both pant leg zippers on my Cortech Mesh riding pants. I have been to a heavy duty tent repair place, and their machines are too heavy duty, and I've been to an alterations place and they don't have zippers long enough. These are supposed to be self healing zippers, and I think the teeth are just worn out, so I am looking to replace the zippers. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Well, after going to a luggage repair place around the corner from my house, and being told they don't repair clothes, I called Houston Shoe Hospital, and they told me to bring in the pants and they would see how they could help. I am going there in the morning, and I will post their response. Thanks for the suggestions.

All right. For $35 they are going to replace the pulls, and hopefully that will fix the zippers not working. He said if that didn't work it would be about $125 to replace the zippers as that is labor intensive. If that is the case, I guess I will be buying a new pair of pants. Hopefully I can get another five years use out of these. I should get the pants back in a week, and will post the results.

There was a shoe/saddle repair in Dickinson on 517. They replaces both leg zippers in a pair of JR Ballistic pants for me for around $60. That included the YKK chaps zippers they used.

Alright! $41 and change out the door, and the zippers are like brand new. It is a wonder what new pulls will do. It only took a week, and each time I was in there the eye candy was amazing. This is the Shoe Hospital on Shepard in Houston, and the guy who works there is great too! In this heat it is nice to have my mesh pants back.

Back