• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

ZRXOA DOA?

Reaction score
First Name
Leon
Last Name
Hogan
we have several ZRX owners, have any of you guys heard about what happed to ZRXOA??

I saw a thread on ZRXOC, the European based board, that said that the OA server was hacked and trashed. An Admin went to the location in Indy on Monday and is supposed to have the data and as soon as they have another host server it'll be back up.

yep all data was saved, equipment removed and finding a new hosting site is what i understood should be back sometime next week.

I was afraid that is what happened, good to hear they were able to save data. thanks for the info!

I am glad to hear this, I was really wondering what happened.

its back up!!!:clap:

On Friday June 26th the site host was the target of a massive, DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attack. This scope of the attack was so massive, that it took down a significant portion of our datacenter host's network. In the midst of the attack, the datacenter personnel unplugged our environment (network connectivity) and had the edge router null route our address space.

On Saturday, there were several youtube vids posted by those responsible, as well as twitter posts (these have since been removed). iMav (Larry) spoke with the owners of the datacenter by phone, and they told him they did not want to plug us back in till after the weekend so things could calm down.

Larry made plans to head down to Indianapolis on Monday, check things out, speak with the owners, and get things plugged back in. Many paying customers were irate over the service interruption (caused by the affect on the entire network)...The owners decided that, to save face, they needed to take tangible action to appease their customers. So, as of Monday afternoon, Lifeline Datacenters terminated their relationship with him (an over 8 year relationship). He had to pack up all his equipment and vacate it from the datacenter.

Larry took everything to his house so he could access the data, it was okay.

We decided that the ZRXOA Board should be back on its own dedicated server, so Larry found us a great place. I purchased the server space this last Sunday and Larry went to work transferring all the data over and getting everything setup for it to run.

Huge thanks to iMav for all his hard work and dedication to the board.

Wow. Well, I'm glad the site is okay, but a considerable blow was still dealt in time and money. I haven't been over there in a long while. I'll have to check in and offer words of support.

Back