• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Help with BMW GPS Navigator Adventure

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Taggart
I bought the GPS Navigator Adventure and the manual does not say how or where to put GPX files on it. I have figured out how to create the files now, but does anyone know:

1. What folder to put the files in on the GPS unit
2. What choice on the screen I go to (Waypoints, Where to, or other)?

Thanks

Looks to be similar to the Garmin Montana (Garmin makes the BMW gps units). I'd download Garmin Basecamp (their mapping program) and use it to create and transfer to the GPS. Although I think you can just put them in the gpx folder on the unit. When you do that, just open the Trip Planner app on the unit to see the routes. I think it is called the Trip Planner. Been a while since I've owned a Montana.

OK - That helped. I was on the Basecamp track already but had not put 2 + 2 together. I watched the video on the Garmen site on Basecamp and see that you "Send to the Device". I was thinking I could just take a gpx file and move it to a folder on the GPS unit in explorer, but I am not sure that is the case. Basecamp looks really useful anyway, so i should be good to go.

Yep, that's a good place to start. Later you'll find out there are other tools and ways to get routes on there, but simple to start with is good.

Back