• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda VFR1200F

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Kenney
I just bought one last week. I wanted it because I prefer the sport part of the sport touring equation. I wanted anti-lock brakes and shaft drive. Mine is a "standard", not an "automatic". I have 250 miles on it so this is a first impression. Yes, it feels sort of big at first but not compared to an ST1300 or an FJR. Yes, it is also more sporty than either and is not as comfortable but to me it's great. My rides are 80% sport and 20% tour and this bike (for me)
is fabulous. I love it. The price is the only downside but this was a demo that was discounted. I think dealers will have to back off of the MSRP but when they do, this bike ought to sell well. If you need to sit up and have max wind protection, look at the others. If you like big torque, horsepower and handling that can go long in relative comfort,here's your bike.

DaveK

Rented one of these to ride around Scotland for a week. Looking forward to riding it
:rider:

I was looking at them and considering trading in my CBR for one.

Congratulations. I test drove one, the motor is fantastic. Spins up fast and loads of torque. I could see me owning one. Slightly more comfy than the Z1000 I rode.

My friend Terry bought one when they first came out. He loves it and has ridden a bunch of miles on it.

1089432418_pYbRY-L.jpg

I have been on FZ1's since 2001, 7 years on the GenI and 4 on the Gen II. what things led you to prefer this big "GT" bike to a sport-standard? I will admit to shopping lately, best candidate -the new Kaw. Ninja 1000, with bags.
these bike are at least 100 lbs lighter than that big VFR (I rode a '98 red VFR 800 for 3 years, but did not like the V-tech, or whatever they called it, on the 2003 and newer VFR 800s). I think the VFR 1200 has a bit more radical, i.e., sporty seating than the FZ1, Ninja 1000, etc., though that new Aprilia Tuono V-4 that weighs about 455 looks awesome!

Very nice, I like their looks but as you mentioned the price tag is the main drawback. I actually prefer big bikes and doubt I would ever ride anything smaller than liter bike again. Congrats and enjoy.

Never saw a fz1 in midland besides mine....where have you been hiding it?...

I have been on FZ1's since 2001, 7 years on the GenI and 4 on the Gen II. what things led you to prefer this big "GT" bike to a sport-standard? I will admit to shopping lately, best candidate -the new Kaw. Ninja 1000, with bags.
these bike are at least 100 lbs lighter than that big VFR (I rode a '98 red VFR 800 for 3 years, but did not like the V-tech, or whatever they called it, on the 2003 and newer VFR 800s). I think the VFR 1200 has a bit more radical, i.e., sporty seating than the FZ1, Ninja 1000, etc., though that new Aprilia Tuono V-4 that weighs about 455 looks awesome!

Back