• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

First freeze, CT90 comes under the knife

I guess cause I have two CTs and only ride the other one. This one the shift is "upside-down" and I really have to think before every shift.

For pictures of the other - look at the Big bed thread for "uncles".

Took it to power line right of way and bounced up and down. One thing I can't do is ride the pegs for any length of time. As I stand up, I leave the bars so I have to hunch over and bend knees way too much. CT90s may be off-road bikes but they are for riding on the seat.

How tall r' you? I'm 5'7", and I find the CT/Cub suits me very well when going balls out in the stand-up attack position.

Last edited:
I am 5'10. It is a seat of the pants offroad bike for me. I do love it like you guys do. If you are in north Mesquite on any given day look for a 75 model (K6) with a white basket on the back as I tool around picked up cash, tools, and dinner.

I am 5'10. It is a seat of the pants offroad bike for me. I do love it like you guys do. If you are in north Mesquite on any given day look for a 75 model (K6) with a white basket on the back as I tool around picked up cash, tools, and dinner.

Next time we go to lunch let me join in on the pick up cash activity.:mrgreen:

Next time we go to lunch let me join in on the pick up cash activity.:mrgreen:

Yep the CT90 is the best bank heist getaway ride.

The Vermont plate paperwork on CT 2 came back yesterday. I was $4 short on the check. Trying to get that one ready for Big Bend even though it is the street tires. They just slide on rocks and dirt.

Opened this same CT90 up again. The head had a lot of carbon again and it was just not quite the power of the other ct90 that I have and rebuilt recently. So I sent the head and cylinder to the lawnmower shop in Plano last week and am awaiting their call now. No point in new pics and all cause it is the same all the way. Note to self: next time you open it up for an overhaul, do the overhaul.

A cold front (95 instead of 105) and I get busy again. Today I painted the aux gas tax on one of my ct90s. Not so much to make it pretty, more just to protect a hard to replace item.

A little sand paper and a bit of Rustoleum:

28878967872_4bba179e16_z.jpg

You can see part of the other project - doing a good cleaning of the inside of the Coleman stove gas tank. I have two stoves and found one to be varnish and rust inside.. Soaking with vinegar and using pellets to shake out the rust while the mildly acidic vinegar does its work. One spec of rust can clog a generator.

Last edited:
Back