• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lowside today

Physical therapy has started. Flexibility will get worked first then strength. No riding for a while since I can't reach the right grip yet. But the goal is to get better and ride again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was just wondering how you were doing. Glad you are on the rehab route now.

Just in case anybody's curious....13 screws and a couple of plates.

8C815EAE-40F2-4AD9-81C0-5A817622EDBD_zpswaqchf6v.jpg

Adamantium skeleton stage 1 - complete.

Well one way to look at it, if someone asks if you have a screw loose, you can say more than likely, haha :) Glad to her you're on the rehab wagon, means headed in the right direction!

Wow, Jeff. That's quite the portrait.

Physical therapy has started. Flexibility will get worked first then strength. No riding for a while since I can't reach the right grip yet. But the goal is to get better and ride again.

Bar Backs! Or get rid of the Ape Hangers...

My wife's best friend is a physical therapist in Cincinnati. I sent her a msg with the X-ray attached. "Ho hum. I've seen worse". So much for the sympathy card.

Thought I should update this after yesterday's visit with my surgeon and merry band of doctors and surgical nurses.
Monday the 6th I had a follow up appointment. X-rays revealed that 3 of the 13 screws had gone thru the repair and were now causing problems. A bit of pain and restricting the range of motion. So an appointment was made for yesterday to go back in to remove and replace said screws.
The surgeon also wanted to do two other procedures while he was doing the screws. First was an aspiration of some bone marrow from my iliac crest (hip) and then had that spun down to separate the stem cells. Those were then injected into the fracture/repair site to help with the healing process. After those two things were done, he did a "manipulation" of the shoulder. Necessary to break loose some scar tissue that was causing the range of motion to be limited. All done under general anesthesia.
The doctor said this not to be considered a set back but I'm going to wait and see about that. I'll out of the sling tomorrow after which I'm to start moving and using the arm. Another bottle of good pain meds is already open and in use.
I'm still shooting for April or May to ride. Still just sitting on the ST going Vroom Vroom.
Thought folks would like an update.

Last edited:
Hope that helps it heal better and quicker :thumb:

Thanks for the update. I must admit I forgot about you. Keep moving it though. It is going to hurt, but long term you will be happier.

Dang Jeff, what an update. No stunts for a bit longer. Let me know if I can help out with anything. Like keeping the battery charged on the ST. :-P

Good luck recovering from this procedure, hope you are ready to ride soon!

Thought I should update this after yesterday's visit with my surgeon and merry band of doctors and surgical nurses.
Monday the 6th I had a follow up appointment. X-rays revealed that 3 of the 13 screws had gone thru the repair and were now causing problems. A bit of pain and restricting the range of motion. So an appointment was made for yesterday to go back in to remove and replace said screws.
The surgeon also wanted to do two other procedures while he was doing the screws. First was an aspiration of some bone marrow from my iliac crest (hip) and then had that spun down to separate the stem cells. Those were then injected into the fracture/repair site to help with the healing process. After those two things were done, he did a "manipulation" of the shoulder. Necessary to break loose some scar tissue that was causing the range of motion to be limited. All done under general anesthesia.
The doctor said this not to be considered a set back but I'm going to wait and see about that. I'll out of the sling tomorrow after which I'm to start moving and using the arm. Another bottle of good pain meds is already open and in use.
I'm still shooting for April or May to ride. Still just sitting on the ST going Vroom Vroom.

We miss seeing you. Get better soon.

Jeff, I'm glad you are moving forward! Please do your exercises (when you are able) and witness your personal restoration! And please watch those painkillers.....their use has a habit of creeping up on you....God bless,
Mark :sun:

Back