• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

West Texas Courthouses

TomN

Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Neimeyer
I have now successfully planned and executed a West Texas Courthouse run. Eight days, 26 Courthouses and 2634 miles total and I am beat. I met up with my brother in Midland. He is riding a 1972 BMW R75/5, he put over a thousand miles on it in 5 days. Overall the trip was uneventful, we had a few close calls with Turkey Vultures and Javelinas, saw a lot of deer. I have attached a few pictures, San Saba CH, Presidio CH, Our Bikes and a picture from the Pig Incident. Pretty good camera work on the pig don't you think??? I must confess, it was all GoPro video, I just cut out a few frames for stills. It's like in the cartoons with the rear feet going in front of the front feet...he was moving.

My Courthouse count is now at 113, Woo Hoo !!!

Cheers, Tom

Attachments

• Presidio.jpg
    Presidio.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 303
  • San Saba.jpg
    San Saba.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 299
  • Bikes.jpg
    Bikes.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 299
  • Pig Pig Pig.jpg
    Pig Pig Pig.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 327
Last edited:
The two pictures of the pig represent the first movement he makes and the last movement the camera captures. The camera was capturing 30 frames a second and they are 27 frames apart. That means all this happened in less than 1 second.

Last picture is of the counties/courthouses I have ridden to. They are color coded by trip.

Attachments

• Pig 1.jpg
    Pig 1.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 302
  • Pig 2.jpg
    Pig 2.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 296
  • Counties.jpg
    Counties.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
Bob Higdon traveled via motorcycle and photographed every county courthouse in the lower 48 states .

Dave

that would be 3,069 courthouses and it put 150,000 miles on his BMW and took him five years to do. that is real dedication!!!:eek2:

Bob Higdon traveled via motorcycle and photographed every county courthouse in the lower 48 states .

Dave

:eek2:

I can't even imagine starting that daunting task. To do it in five years is truly remarkable.

MY HAT'S OFF, TO YOU SIR(S) :clap:

great incentive FOR A RIDE

i, for one, would like to see the threads w/ our courthouses & the nation's courthouses

thanks for taking us along

sw

My parents moved to Midland in 1948. I was 18 months old and have lived in West Texas the majority of my life. Spring dust storms, the smell off fresh dirt in the air, you could see them approaching for twenty miles. I appreciate your task. Lots of long, straight miles with wind mostly from the southwest...except when a Norther blows in carrying tons of dirt.

My avatar was taken in Midland in 1964 on 2606 Cimmaron Street. The grass is green because we had great water fields then.

Where did you get the colored county map? I would like to try and fill up one.

Last edited:
My avatar was taken in Midland in 1964 on 2606 Cimmaron Street. The grass is green because we had great water fields then.

well not as green as it used to be but still pretty green for Midland!
2606cimmarondr_zpsa2b32127.png

.....Last picture is of the counties/courthouses I have ridden to. They are color coded by trip.
Congrats on that Tom.:clap: I see from you map you've not done Anderson County yet. If you do and can make it around dusk or after dark it looks pretty good. They started lighting it up at night a few years ago.

My dad loved visiting courthouses. I don't know how many. He had an R75/5 back in the day. I applaud your quest. Good luck continuing it.

Back